This Instant And Moment - 2020!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
No escaping dementia today - it's all over the TV and radio.

Avoiding as much of it as I can for my mother's sake. Out for a spin this afternoon I think, with the radio off in the car.

Soldato
Off to the hair dressers today (in about 5 mins actually) and my anxiety has just kicked in :( my whole body is shaking and I know I'm being silly but I guess where I've isolated myself a lot since March, it really hits me when I go somewhere new/somewhere I haven't been in months

Just taken some rescue remedy and a few deep breaths :o

Caporegime
Off to the hair dressers today (in about 5 mins actually) and my anxiety has just kicked in :( my whole body is shaking and I know I'm being silly but I guess where I've isolated myself a lot since March, it really hits me when I go somewhere new/somewhere I haven't been in months

It will be fine SS! I know that feeling all too well. Unfortunately its quite inconvenient when its because of the commute to work though... :p

I have no useful advice unfortunately... Because I want someone to give me some of that advice too! :D

You'll be alright once you're there. :)

Caporegime

Are you at risk?

Consigliere

Little steps at a time SS. A hairdresser is a big step - how was it when you were there or did you feel the time wasn't right?

Soldato
Are you at risk?
No i trust them completely, I haven't been here since Jan and I get my shopping through click and collect and don't go anywhere else so was more the whole "wearing a mask and feeling claustrophobic" that was getting to me.

Currently sat in here now and feeling much better :) feeling excited now for having it all done

Consigliere
1 rejection arrived...waiting to see if the other one is also a rejection...still, remaining positive. In total it was around 5 hours of preparation and 2 hours of interviewing to recieve the rejection but at least I have v solid notes/good practise...

And actually they did provide feedback and even recommended my CV to someone they work with that do something a bit different....they didn't have to do that! (did ask me first obviously).

Permabanned
1 rejection arrived...waiting to see if the other one is also a rejection...still, remaining positive. In total it was around 5 hours of preparation and 2 hours of interviewing to recieve the rejection but at least I have v solid notes/good practise...

And actually they did provide feedback and even recommended my CV to someone they work with that do something a bit different....they didn't have to do that! (did ask me first obviously).

What was it because this time? :(

Consigliere
What was it because this time? :(

In a nutshell, they felt like I wasn't showing the exact type of ambition they were looking for...they thought I came across so well, interpersonal skills were brilliant, approachable and knowledgeable.

Must have been missing a few specific phrases they were specifically looking for rarther than the ones I said. They said I showed ambition and willingness to take a step down to re-grow and develop but yeah hmm.

They thought I would be more suited to a different type of role but still within recruitment so it was kind of them to pass on my information to another business...taking that as a positive.

Edging closer and closer...

Permabanned
In a nutshell, they felt like I wasn't showing the exact type of ambition they were looking for...they thought I came across so well, interpersonal skills were brilliant, approachable and knowledgeable.

Must have been missing a few specific phrases they were specifically looking for rather than the ones I said. They said I showed ambition and willingness to take a step down to re-grow and develop but yeah hmm.

Buzz word bingo is all I have to say. Next time throw in some key words. Play bingo in your head with them.

Consigliere
Buzz word bingo is all I have to say. Next time throw in some key words. Play bingo in your head with them.

Mm I dropped in quite a few..."hit a glass ceiling at previous role", "tenacity" and providing examples but i reckon all in all, the role was v v competitive due to the company. They do seem to be v elite in their sector...which is what attracted me to them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom