This Instant And Moment - 2020!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
Watching nature.

Wasp ensnared in a spiders web, battling a smallish garden spider. Who do you think would win?

Blimey it was like Battle Royale, the wasp got hold of one of the spiders leg and began chomping away, spider could not get away - lots of venom being shed by both. Well, it looked like the wasp stung the spider a couple of times, spider balled up (still with the wasp chomping away) so I thought that was it.

Then the spider got angry!

Freed himself from the wasp and had another go - must have bit the wasp a few times. Then gave up and retreated - Spider keeps going back and taking a bite but struggling to deliver the coup de grace. Wasp is doomed as all tangled up in the spiders web. Never seen anything like it. Must go out more. :p
A similar thing happened a few weeks ago on my window ledge between a Bee and a Spider. I decided to save the Bee in this case and just placed him away from the Spider so it could untangle itself.

Soldato
Ever feel like you're in the wrong family! Was chatting to a mate yesterday and his dad is looking to book a house in the Bahamas for 7 weeks in January. They work together and his dads due to retire but since they work from home he can just take his laptop and go for the full 7 weeks!

Sounds like a dream!

Although i am cursing having dogs. My parents live in Spain and with me and the wife working from home we've joked that we could both head over to their house and enjoy a long summer in the sun and our bosses would never know.

Soldato
£6K for tarmac? :eek:

That is obscene. Unless your driveway is enormous?

How much of it is paying the council for the drop kerb though?
£2600 for tarmac and £3600 for the kerb.

Though the kerb is £1000+ to move a street light, £1600 to drop the kerb and £800+ to have a virgin media manhole relocated.

Soldato
I had to Google to give me a rough idea of how big that is :o lol I guess not too bad a price then?

This is the driveway in question https://i.imgur.com/Lwvhj03.jpg

It's sloped slightly and was thinking about resin bonded but I've heard mixed reviews so wondered if tarmac would be better
You just need to measure two sides to workout what the area is in square metres.

I’m lucky enough that mine is pretty much 20x20 and nice and square so an easy job.

Depending on contractor rates in your area, I’d say between 3-4K for that area.

Soldato
You just need to measure two sides to workout what the area is in square metres.

I’m lucky enough that mine is pretty much 20x20 and nice and square so an easy job.

Depending on contractor rates in your area, I’d say between 3-4K for that area.

I know I need to measure it :p but I don't live there anymore so was trying to get a rough gauge from googling as to how big an area the £2600 covered in comparison to my mums driveway.

Soldato
I've watched 2 episodes of cold case files tonight. Can't even imagine what it must feel like to have a loved one suddenly taken from you :( and in such a horrific way.

It hits home even more that life is precious and to make the most of it. Does get me down sometimes that I'm alone and don't have anyone to share my life with yet. And also that most of my time is being wasted on silly things/putting other people first :o (that's just who I am though I guess lol)

Soldato
I've watched 2 episodes of cold case files tonight. Can't even imagine what it must feel like to have a loved one suddenly taken from you :( and in such a horrific way.

It hits home even more that life is precious and to make the most of it. Does get me down sometimes that I'm alone and don't have anyone to share my life with yet. And also that most of my time is being wasted on silly things/putting other people first :o (that's just who I am though I guess lol)
Have you checked the friend zone?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom