• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

This is what a scalper looks like..

Soldato
It wouldn't be so bad if there was any alternative to scalpers so you could actually buy anything at RRP but you can't as they're all bought up by... scalpers.

Meh, fair play I say. Why people are buying them at ridiculous prices are beyond me.

Because they want to, you know, own one and don't have any alternative other than go without?

And? It's not like the bots are buying up all the bread and water.

Don't give them ideas.

Caporegime
Because they want to, you know, own one and don't have any alternative other than go without?

Don't give them ideas.

Yeah fair play, still baffles me people can't wait long enough for something they don't really need (and most likely already have a top end product) that they'll pay 5 times the price for it.

Soldato
3 pages in and all the attacks are aimed at the girl, the guy just seems to be ignored. Why is that not a surprise on this forum. The usual subjects showing their misogynistic views to us all once again.

As for what they do, meh, I'd never do it but people buying things and selling them on for a profit is pretty much how our system works. It is supply and demand. I wouldn't have a problem with these bots being made illegal for items like this though.

Did you read the article?
Why would they attack the guy? the guy is not a scalper, he is trying to buy a PS5 to game.

Soldato
Video game addiction is officially recognized by WHO as a mental health disorder, are they being ridiculous?

https://www.livescience.com/65580-video-game-addiction-mental-health-disorder.html

No, you're being ridiculous IMO. There are literally thousands of cards being sold above MRSP and we must have one helluva public health issue on our hands if the buyers are all mentally challenged and suffering from video game addiction.

In actual fact, it's a lot less hyperbolic than that. They're simply being gullible and taken in by the FOMO nonsense that Covid has created.

Associate
Does every method of making money have to add value or provide a service to someone in order to be recognised as valid and worthwhile profession?

If that's the case, some bankers are in for some awkward conversations!

Yes, that's how society works. The more we can do for others the better off we personally are and we are as a whole.

Most human endeavours improve our personal situation and those of others too. Win win. Some improve our personal position at the expense of others. Win Lose. Society tends to frown upon people succeeding by taking advantage of others. Just because they can does not make it morally right. It's worthwhile to that individual, but not worthwhile as a whole to society.

Soldato
If you cant afford it dont buy it. The people threatening violence over some electronics and crying its not fair need to grow up and have a reality check. Are we not living in an economic society? You know that thing called money? GPUs are almost extinct at the moment and people want to smash people up for trying to make money in the middle of a pandemic. Hahahahaha. My wifes company went under 7 months ago and putting food on the table comes first (not that I can afford to scalp but I can understand people buying low and selling high.

Simple really.

Associate
If you cant afford it dont buy it. The people threatening violence over some electronics and crying its not fair need to grow up and have a reality check. Are we not living in an economic society? You know that thing called money? GPUs are almost extinct at the moment and people want to smash people up for trying to make money in the middle of a pandemic. Hahahahaha. My wifes company went under 7 months ago and putting food on the table comes first (not that I can afford to scalp but I can understand people buying low and selling high.

Simple really.

The real problem unfortunately. Our society.

A constant, destructive, selfish obsession with economic growth, basically capitalism.

And it reaches far beyond GPUs.

Associate
Not being funny, but the likes of Overclockers, and other similar resellers, hiking their prices are just as bad as the scalpers. These resellers should feel obligated to treat their customer base with respect and NOT charge excessive prices for these restricted products. It really is a slap in the face!

Associate
Not being funny, but the likes of Overclockers, and other similar resellers, hiking their prices are just as bad as the scalpers. These resellers should feel obligated to treat their customer base with respect and NOT charge excessive prices for these restricted products. It really is a slap in the face!

But if their wholesalers are putting up prices... what then?

Soldato

The prices have gone up because everything else in chain has as well, example, a container (that goes on a ship) rocketed in price to hire to get the goods delivered. The cost of raw materials have increased to due supply constraints, etc, even water at the foundries (which they use massive amounts of) is now in short supply and rationing is place in some areas.
Sop its a bit rum to blame OCUK solely for the increased prices.

Back
Top Bottom