This is why I love apple.....

Soldato
toosepin said:
Watch out for a Glasgow store.

Yeah, where is it going to be?
I'v heard they have started working on a site in sauchiehall street...but i'v been down there a million times and never noticed it? Any ideas where abouts it'l be?

Soldato
Maybe I should have taken my MBP there. Trafford Centre in Manchester replaced the logic board (ie motherboard) in my RevA MBP, but they wouldn't fix the warped lid.

They did a decent job tho - you'd never know they ripped the guts out and replaced them.

Soldato
MagicBoy said:
Maybe I should have taken my MBP there. Trafford Centre in Manchester replaced the logic board (ie motherboard) in my RevA MBP, but they wouldn't fix the warped lid.

They did a decent job tho - you'd never know they ripped the guts out and replaced them.

We have a store in the arndale now :)

Associate
touch said:
Yeah, where is it going to be?
I'v heard they have started working on a site in sauchiehall street...but i'v been down there a million times and never noticed it? Any ideas where abouts it'l be?

147 Buchanan Street. The Building that used to be The Pier

Wikipedia "Apple Store - Apple Computer announced that a new Apple store would be opened on Buchanan Street. Work is to begin on the store in February 2007 and it is estimated to be finished in June 2007."

Soldato
Mr.Clark said:
But easily walkable from Piccadilly Station and the Piccadilly Gardens tram stop.

Has anyone been to the New York Apple shop? That's truly amazing...

A mate of mine was over there a few weeks ago and got a 17" MBP from the 5th Ave store. The store looks fantastic from the photo's I've seen.

Soldato
OP
Hi guys, collected my laptop at last this morning. Actually went to collect it 3 days ago but upon inspection some **** had put a crack in the rear screen casing (where the apple logo is). Anyway they admitted fault and was I quite happy as it means that I get a brand new casing, mark free:D It looks a like a new computer now and in a few months i'll be upgrading the warranty, definitely worth it.

Associate
I have to say I was very impressed with the apple customer care when I, unfortunately, had to use it the other week. My laptop developed a fault where one of the USB ports would not function correctly, I would plug a mouse in and it would be powered, but the pointer would no move. The other USB port was fine. I took it into the store showed them this and stated that the logic board needed replacing. I then showed them a slight deformation of my case, where it did not sit properly when closed. They then decided that, as I had apple care, they would completely replace the whole macbook for me :D

Back
Top Bottom