This man knows who stole my phone, can anyone help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
n36lqx.png

Soldato
Having read through the article on the telegraph online I did feel a little sad that the police who actually went out and got the phone/dropped it off at mine didn't get any credit. They were awesome! When chatting with them I could tell they really cared about doing their job well and were genuinely great guys! It was just the call centre who were rubbish at passing on information.

Make sure they get their credit mate :) - everyone is so quick to raise the bad points but not so fast at raising good points... fire a letter/email into their local office and papers, etc.

Soldato
In my opinion whilst I can understand your appreciation for the end result yak.h'cir, the cynic in me does think that the fact you had to, let's say, prod them wasn't because of an oversight but sadly the usual process.

Man of Honour
In my opinion whilst I can understand your appreciation for the end result yak.h'cir, the cynic in me does think that the fact you had to, let's say, prod them wasn't because of an oversight but sadly the usual process.

yak.h'cir: help get my phone back?
police: meh
yak.h'cir: i told OcUk forums!
police: we're at his door now sir

Soldato
Wow, I honestly cannot believe how far this has gone! National newspaper in print too! From the sounds of it you've all enjoyed the thread as much have I have which is excellent! :)

Another update! Somebody handed my girlfriends bag into the police, everything present minus the bit of cash she had in there. Although it was handed in about 3 hours after I'd brought her a replacement so you've got to love the timing of that! All in all a really great outcome!

Having read through the article on the telegraph online I did feel a little sad that the police who actually went out and got the phone/dropped it off at mine didn't get any credit. They were awesome! When chatting with them I could tell they really cared about doing their job well and were genuinely great guys! It was just the call centre who were rubbish at passing on information.

Generally, the police don't care about anything expect having their name trashed, so don't be fooled, once they realised the amount of interest in the case they acted. Apart from that they don't give two hoots about you.

Soldato
Yeah exactly, once thieves realise they'll just keep the cameras covered up and start re-flashing them or whatever it takes to erase the software.

Whilst it still works though we should make the most of it, do any OCUK'ers live in California? we can all have a whip around for a phone equipped with Cerberus and lose it in the vicinity of the Playboy mansion. ;)

:p Yes... although it's some drive to LA...

I imagine more people in this area (Silicon Valley) would be wary of apps like Cerberus compared to your average UK city anyway. Unfortunately a considerable percentage have iPhones :S

Soldato
Generally, the police don't care about anything expect having their name trashed, so don't be fooled, once they realised the amount of interest in the case they acted. Apart from that they don't give two hoots about you.

That's a daft comment, you can't account for the attitude of every single police officer. They're still people after all, some may care, some may not. Don't judge everyone by your own standards ;)

Unfortunately a considerable percentage have iPhones :S

That's because the population of your average UK city aren't SHEEPLE! :p

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom