This Roadie needs some winter MTB clothes!

Soldato
Went on my first MTB trail in my Castelli Perfetto last week and got absolutely covered in mud, loved it though!

So in an effort to not ruin my nice roadie clothes and to actually look like a MTB’er I scraped together £200 for suitable winter trail riding clothes which I guess will consist of Jacket/jersey, Baggy shorts (could wear bib tights underneath in winter) and gloves.

Any suggestions as I’m a bit lost?

Thanks

Soldato
I really rate endura humvee shorts. They size up small though so get the next size up from what you think, or ideally try a pair on, I think Evans stock them.
They come with padded liners but they are just OK, you might find you're better with bibs underneath if you already have them.
I generally ride without padded inners unless the ride is more than 2 hours.

Other than that, whatever is comfortable. On top if I need to layer up I'll wear a t-shirt, a thin fleece and a cheap soft shell 'boil in the bag' waterproof jacket.
I normally wear a 20l backpack so if I get hot I can put the soft shell or the fleece in the backpack to de-layer.

Caporegime
I just got some ROyal Racing shorts, and they were fantastic for a wet day in BPW. I had on a merino wool DHB (bargain) long sleevel, long sleeve Royal Racing (on sale) and my gortex jacket. Albiet, I wasn't climbing but I was dry and comfy.

I also had on some seal skins waterproof socks, game changers. Buy.

Gloves I have some endura mt500 stuff.

I wanted some waterproof shorts, but they are very expensive. I have some gortex ones for hiking, that'd i'd probably just use if I ever felt the need.

Friend just got the MTR Endura jacket, and it's very nice. Thin, highly waterproof, breathable. Though don't be fooled with the whole MTB stuff. The only thing I like is shirts that overhang at the back, so when your up out your seat it hangs over your shorts.

Soldato
OP
Thanks guys, I’ve been drawn towards the DHB Soft shell winter Hoodie and baggy trail shorts, also picked up a Nukeproof Hoodie which look great for half price £36 and some 100% winter waterproof gloves and DHB Marino wool socks £205 done and dusted!

Back
Top Bottom