• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

This Week Only 7900GTX or X1900XT-X both @ (£317)

Associate
elite said:
OcUK GeForce 7900 GTX 512MB GDDR3 TV-Out/Dual DVI

placed my order :)

Oh Well, I am kind of have the same choice problem betweem x1900xtx or 7800gtx as well. I have not make up my mind yet. However, im leaning toward the HDR + AA ability of x1900xt. I will also put VF900 to silent it.

I also play game at 1280x1024 too. wanna hear from you. How is your new GTX?

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Got it at 12:45 today, and its sitting on my desk...not yet installed...

Image015.jpg

Caporegime
Conman said:
Oh Well, I am kind of have the same choice problem betweem x1900xtx or 7800gtx as well. I have not make up my mind yet. However, im leaning toward the HDR + AA ability of x1900xt. I will also put VF900 to silent it.

I also play game at 1280x1024 too. wanna hear from you. How is your new GTX?

IMO the AA and HDR is over rated.Just like sm3 was.
Problems with good frames in games.24fps in obilvion is a chugg wagon IMO.not worth it IMO.
But going on your post,I feel you already know you are getting a x1900.

Conrats too,its a great card.

Soldato
easyrider said:
Problems with good frames in games.24fps in obilvion is a chugg wagon IMO.not worth it IMO.

agreed, though its nice to have the option, its unplayable.

also, i need to understand this problem with noise, power and heat,

power: what are you trying to do? run high end stuff with a 300w psu?
heat: OMG! top end cards generate heat?!!? whatever next!
noise: fair enough, but if your spending £300 odd on graphics, buy a decent cooler you cheapo :D ;)

applys to both x1900 and 7900. :)

Caporegime
lay-z-boy said:
agreed, though its nice to have the option, its unplayable.

also, i need to understand this problem with noise, power and heat,

power: what are you trying to do? run high end stuff with a 300w psu?
heat: OMG! top end cards generate heat?!!? whatever next!
noise: fair enough, but if your spending £300 odd on graphics, buy a decent cooler you cheapo :D ;)

applys to both x1900 and 7900. :)

If you can get the same performance from a card that is silent emits less heat etc...then that would be the key to my choice.

The less heat the better IMO.
I run my opty dual 2.8 at on the zalman 9500 at 7v.I like quiet.
So i bought the cooler less power hungry 7900 GTX.

I could keep the same level of noise, and my PSU fan would stay on 800 RPM.
This wasn't the case when I installed a mates x1900xtx to play with for the weekend.

My ambient temps increased and the psu fan increased to 1200 rpm .making it noisey.

so my ambient temps increased and the psu fan too.
Not to mention the sound of the stock X1900 one.

MY 7900 GTX was back straight away.
I Had silence back ,A silent psu again,and no difference in game performance.

plus I had better benchmarks scores(unimportant but overall the 7900 GTX is the better Card IMO)

Last edited:
Associate
easyrider said:
If you can get the same performance from a card that is silent emits less heat etc...then that would be the key to my choice.

I run my opty dual 2.8 at on the zalman 9500 at 1.7v.I like quiet.

This wasn't the case when I installed a mates x1900xtx to play with for the weekend.

My ambient temps increased and the psu fan increased to 1200 rpm .making it noisey.

plus I had better benchmarks scores(unimportant but overall the 7900 GTX is the better Card IMO)

if power heat and noise is so important why are you talking about going sli so much
yes the 7900 isnt as noisy but 2 is
yes it uses less power 2 dont
yes its cooler 2 aint

and for bechmarks you only get better scores in 06 not 05 or 03 or oblivion
and for the record my x19 is only noisy when i fire up my pc after that i dont notice it
and if you turn on your speakers every now and then you wont here your pc at all!!!!!

Last edited:
Soldato
*Walks into thread slowly, dodging fanboys arguing.*

At that price I would've chosen a 7900GTX too, hope you enjoy it. ;)

*Walks out of thread quickly, as a green chair hits a guy wearing a red shirt.*

Associate
easyrider said:

Just for the record, im 70 % surely admire the X1900 (XT version), However, the 7900GTX offers almost same option as the X1900 and do not lose my SLI path which i do not think it is not very important.

And i am still deciding... Monday 15 May 15:00 is my dateline... jeezz clock is ticking and i just can not decide... how frustrate this can be

Caporegime
cyclops12 said:
if power heat and noise is so important why are you talking about going sli so much
yes the 7900 isnt as noisy but 2 is
yes it uses less power 2 dont
yes its cooler 2 aint

and for bechmarks you only get better scores in 06 not 05 or 03 or oblivion
and for the record my x19 is only noisy when i fire up my pc after that i dont notice it
and if you turn on your speakers every now and then you wont here your pc at all!!!!!

Dont get so defensive about it! :p :)
Two SLI GTX was an option I was looking into.
If you read the latest post that I made I have decided not to get another 7900 GTX as its just not worth it.

I have already stated that that the x1900 is a great card but after first hand exoerience I went back to my GTX for the reasons mentioned.

All of which are valid and true.

Last edited:
Soldato
easyrider said:

I run my opty dual 2.8 at on the zalman 9500 at 1.7v.I like quiet.

1.7 on a dual core on air?! *faints*

as i said, if you have them money for x1900xtx or 7900gtx, you should already have a high end psu, and high end cooling, nothing is stopping you removing the cooler and putting another on and also the ati cooler blows the air out the back, if anything, the 7900 cooler that blows 1/2 the air back in should raise case temps.

but tbh i cant be bothered to argue, all i have to say is....

i have more shaders than you!!

omgwtfhaxlolyoucantbeatatitheypwnz0rs

:rolleyes: :p :D

Caporegime
lay-z-boy said:
1.7 on a dual core on air?! *faints*

as i said, if you have them money for x1900xtx or 7900gtx, you should already have a high end psu, and high end cooling, nothing is stopping you removing the cooler and putting another on and also the ati cooler blows the air out the back, if anything, the 7900 cooler that blows 1/2 the air back in should raise case temps.

but tbh i cant be bothered to argue, all i have to say is....

i have more shaders than you!!

omgwtfhaxlolyoucantbeatatitheypwnz0rs

:rolleyes: :p :D

Thats the Voltage of the zalman Fan not the CPU.I'm running my CPU at 1.36v! :D

I'm not arguing I'm just sharing my experiences. ;)

Soldato
Conman said:
Just for the record, im 70 % surely admire the X1900 (XT version), However, the 7900GTX offers almost same option as the X1900 and do not lose my SLI path which i do not think it is not very important.

And i am still deciding... Monday 15 May 15:00 is my dateline... jeezz clock is ticking and i just can not decide... how frustrate this can be

By the time you probably want the 2nd card for SLI you will probably want to get a DX10 card instead, so just get the better single card now would be my advice & that is the X1900XT(X) imo. Later upgrade to a DX10, when this current one is underperforming

Associate
elite said:
Just played the Steam Lost Coast demo and temps didnt go over 55c and on desktop its below 40c...very cool card in more ways then one

How are other games performace? Frame rate? Temp? To be honest im kind of leaning back toward 7900gtx now... maybe 60% x1900xt and 40% 7900gtx

Associate
lay-z-boy said:
how did you manage to get a 12v fan to work at 1.7? :eek:

and yes, arnt well all :)

I think what easy rider meant is

the fan is connected to 12v rail and therefore connected to fan mate which work as resistor to change the voltage going to the fan.

My SilentX (which is on Ninja) is connected to 12v and connected to a fan controller.

Last edited:
Caporegime
yeah just to claify my zalman 9500 fan is running at 7v in silence.Typo error got mixed up

cpu at 2.8ghz running at 1.36v
fan running at 7 v not 1.7v! :eek: :p

apologies for any confusion :)

Back
Top Bottom