• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

This Week Only 7900GTX or X1900XT-X both @ (£317)

Caporegime
graylinghunter said:
I have to admit I was waiting for a directx10 version to be out this month. If vista had been ready on time I am sure this would be on the cards, I just hope new drivers will be able compensate when dir/x 10 is on line.

PHIL

A DX10 card this month, and it could be used for what. :confused:

Soldato
Durzel said:
Its definitely damaged, but I dont think there are any traces or anything that would cause it to malfunction in that spot.
There's not, just the board common ground. Still, no ones going to buy it second hand. Even if it works, still send it back tbh.

Soldato
Its definately cause for an RMA, that is if you want the hassle. In the past I have straightened out an i/o bracket on a 9800pro brand new, box undamaged; although thats not quite the same. If it were an item of furnature, it would be an eyesore; and some people do treat their pc as an focal point.

Soldato
well, you guys wanted to know how i got on.
ok so recieved it today, much to my suprise as no-one was in to collect it, my sister popped up to the citylink depot and collected it for me while i was at work, so i was very pleasantly suprised when i got home.

ok i got it all installed, downloaded the cat6.3 drivers, everything running.
so far its all working great, my jaw is literally dropping at the speed, had no issues yet concerning the 420wPSU threw on FEAR, Oblivion and a few others, threw the settings all up to max, woooo hooooo, although, oblivion is a bit stuttery with only the 1gb of ram, but damn its beautiful, gonna download 3dmark06 later and have a look.
other than the fact that FPS is so much faster, i have noticed an amazing improvement in actual picture quality and colours, things seem "right", must say i'm thouroghly impressed, i am a very happy man now :D

also i must add, the fan isnt nearly as noisy as i was expecting, ok i got a bit frightened when i first booted up, it sounded like a had a small hair dryer in there, but it went quiet, ok so when i was playing fear i noticed it very slightly over the normal sound of the case fans, but nothing alarming.

payed again tomorrow, here comes a better PSU and another gig of ram :D

Associate
elite said:
I cant hear my GTX at all, idel is below 40c and load is 55c...im very happy also

Surely, you HSF is very nice. I just wonder if anyone try to transfer the GTX HSF to the x1900. That would be nice i think.

Associate
ordered a ocuk 7900gtx yesterday...awaiting my delivery from city link(last 2 orders have been a day late with them, so fingers crossed :eek: )

also ordered the mushkin hp3200 2gb ddr..........but gutted as i ordered at £152 then a few hours later the price was reduced to £140!!!

not a massive amount but a bit gutting none the less.

gibbo what do you reckon??

Associate
ok so its now 17.10pm and still no city link van has arrived, same old story(contender for excuse of the millenium) of new driver struggling, and we cant get him on his mobile.

trouble is this is the 3rd consecutive delivery in a row, which has been botched and i've waited extra days for.

NOT impressed.

Soldato
AceCard said:
ok so its now 17.10pm and still no city link van has arrived, same old story(contender for excuse of the millenium) of new driver struggling, and we cant get him on his mobile.

trouble is this is the 3rd consecutive delivery in a row, which has been botched and i've waited extra days for.

NOT impressed.
Unlucky mate,

Has it been the same excuse everytime too ?

Soldato
Have to say that the majority of my CityLink experience has been naff too, but the odd time they can really shine I guess. Sorry for the off-topic, just needed to vent about that. ;)

Associate
the replacement is on the way.

Well, the replacement of my x1900xt is on the way here, i should expected to be in tomorrow. Hope it come in perfect condition...(hmmm..) It has been up and down for me this week.
Mon--- decide to order
Tue--- Recieve but defect, also too late to return post office is closed
Wed--- RMA it
Thurs --- Got the confirmation of replacement ( i hope i dont get too hard on them)
Fri..........to be continue

Associate
finally get it all working

I recieve my x1900xt today. I have to admit that the software and driver installation is abit tricky. The fan noise is not as loud as my hair dryer even it is on full load however the high pitch can be a little annoying.

I got 10500 on 3dmark 05 which seems abit lower than standard. Maybe my CPU is holding it back.

I will try to sell my 7800gt tonite, hope i can sell it around 170.

Anyway, i guess i can leave this topic now. i shall be on my way to other x1900 topic.

Associate
I am abit scare to overclock anything right now. I leave everything on stock, Right now i see no benefit of doing it. It might be abit ashame not doing the overclock the cpu and GPU and more... but i spend a lot in this rig and it just dont feel right to risk it now.

however i plan to do some overclocking in next few months.
Hope you all understand

Back
Top Bottom