This Weekends Boxing **SPOILERS**

Soldato
That wasnt the main event was it? up till now Kahns been fighting on the undercard like at the Harrison/Williams night last month.

If it was i'd be well annoyed paying money for that, its like when Audley was headlining the card in 4 round bouts against some bum when he came back from Sydney.

Soldato
OP
Amir's opponent was a step up in class and came to fight, but when Khan caught him, that was it.

It will be difficult for Khan to please people at the moment, he's still a novice and can't be rushed, so when he does take out fighters quickly, people will say that that it's a mismatch, but if he steps in with classy, seasoned pro's and get's beaten, then people will complain that he should have taken his time.

We will have to be patient, because Martynov's record was pretty decent, it was two extra rounds, so Khan upped his training schedule accordingly and as a result, took care of business very quickly, although he didn't learn much, all fights count at this stage of his career.

Well done Amir, more of the same please. :)

Soldato
Couldn't have put it better Kev.

When I used to train at Bredan Ingle's boxing Gym (Naseem's Ex-Coach), seeing what the Amatuer boxers went though was torture! I can just only start to think how much he had to train.

4T5

4T5

Man of Honour
Yes but the cameras aren't there to watch Brendans training sessions are they and peeps don't pay for that either.
We want to see a fight not a mismatch. That dude was so poor in his approach he hadn't even watched vids of Khan. Now come on dudes thats hardly a serious step up is it.
I think fights like that do nothing to further a fighters career all they actually do is further the bank balances of all involved. Fighter, manager,Promoter, ITV even the commentators hyping it up. i mean where else is barry going to get a paid job.

Soldato
the guy looked rattled before the fight had even started, someone said there that he was interviewed at the weigh-in, and was asked if he had watched any Khan fights, and his reply was "No, what am I in for?" (through his translator of course). Sounds like lack of preparation or respect towards Khan. Go Khan!!! needs a bigger name to fight to see what he's really capable of, but very impressed with his progress so far.

Soldato
Khan looked decent again but his opponent really wasn't as good as he was made out to be.. He was TKO'd by a relatively feather fisted puncher in Willy Blain.

I wish they would step him up a bit more over his next few fights... I'm not one for fighters building up records before facing proper opponents. Nothing wrong with fighters who dont get fed with loads of easy nights... Jeff Lacy springs to mind, only had 21 fights and his next fight is to unify the SM division. Jermain Taylor is another who won major titles within 4 years. Mayweather won his first major title in 2 years.. I'd love for Khan to do something similar.

Muttley did a nice job although I had Jennings winning it by 1 round, I guess the judges went for the more powerful flashy shots.

Kassim Ouma looked OK in his fight on Friday night but I doubt he'll ever get back to the superstar heights he was at before Karmazin beat him.

Arturo Gatti didn't look great in his comeback and I really dont see why Hatton should even bother trying to set up a fight with him apart from the crowds that Gatti still can pull. Gatti doesn't want the Hatton fight :p he's talking about fighting Baldomir in the summer in Atlantic City.

Injin Chi lost :eek: to Koshimoto.
Beyer won by TKO :eek:

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Big Kev said:
Amir's opponent was a step up in class and came to fight, but when Khan caught him, that was it.

It will be difficult for Khan to please people at the moment, he's still a novice and can't be rushed, so when he does take out fighters quickly, people will say that that it's a mismatch, but if he steps in with classy, seasoned pro's and get's beaten, then people will complain that he should have taken his time.

We will have to be patient, because Martynov's record was pretty decent, it was two extra rounds, so Khan upped his training schedule accordingly and as a result, took care of business very quickly, although he didn't learn much, all fights count at this stage of his career.

Well done Amir, more of the same please. :)
Couldn't have put it better myself. At the end of the day, Amir isn't paid by the round, so if he can take his opponent out early then I see no reason why he shouldn't do just that. Even in the lower weight classes it only takes one perfect punch to turn a fight around, so no point hanging around for it if you don't have to.

Amir's hand speed really is amazing though, and his accuracy is superb, especially for someone so young. I'm really looking forward to seeing how he develops over the years.

Back
Top Bottom