Thoughts and comments on new system

Associate
Putting a system together for a friend, they want a complete build. Already have a Fractal case (define R2 I think)

Comments and thoughts would be welcome.

My basket at Overclockers UK:
Total: £1,804.80 (includes shipping: £0.00)​

Associate
What games do they play and at what resolution, framerate etc.? Might be overkill for what they need depending on these. Seems pretty good for a high framerate 1440p - 4k build though at least with gpu prices as they are.

Associate
OP
The Idea was 1.5K budget, something that will last another 5+ years, and gaming at a decent res yes. GPU prices sadly are insane and friend wants the system now and can't be bothered to wait. Because there is always another upgrade around the corner they would rather buy now than keep on putting it off

Soldato
I'd go for the WD blu SN550 nvme over the Samsung QVO SATA as its not only faster and cheaper but will also benefit from MS direct storage.

I doubt you will get 5+ years out the 8gb 3070ti and will likely need upgrading again in 2~3.

Soldato
Buy Windows license from web.
Microsoft should be paying users for being alpha testers to their toyphone OS developed to become payment terminal for their online store.

Now that's very bad drive selection...
While 980 Pro is only Samsung not more or less horribly brand overpriced against competition, there's zero sense is small half TB drive filling from couple bigger games.
In fact Modern Warfare (against drive space) would take half of it alone.
And if it's just for OS its speed won't matter, unless powering PC off and on constantly.
Once Windows is booted it doesn't use drive much for as long as you have enough RAM.

Also paying higher price than lot faster NVMe with level better TLC Flash from QLC garbage Flash drive...
Proper price of such drive would be £70!
WD Blue SN550 1TB SSD NVME M.2 2280 PCIe Gen3 Solid State Drive (WDS100T2B0C)= £89.99

2TB WD Blue SN550 would give far superior user experience for less money by actually fitting lots of games.
WD Blue SN550 2TB SSD NVME M.2 2280 PCIe Gen3 Solid State Drive (WDS200T2B0C)= £199.99
And with saving from not submitting to robbery by MS would give full speed PCIe v3 drive.
Corsair Force MP510 series 1920GB NVMe PCIe M.2 Solid State Drive (CSSD-F1920GBMP510)= £248.99

Also 5800X with its high heat density with all 8 cores in same tiny chiplet needs cooler.
Alpenfohn Brocken 3 would be good if case can fit it.
Alpenfohn Brocken 3 CPU Cooler - 140mm= £42.95
For smaller cases Brocken Eco Advanced is good choise.
Alpenfohn Brocken ECO Advanced CPU Cooler - 120 mm= £29.99

Associate
Looks great well future proofed for what you're going for and not a bad price for this current market, well done!

Back
Top Bottom