**Thread for Help, Advise and to post Pictures of your Monsoon Modular Reservoir (MMRS)**

Gangster
OcUK Staff
OP
Do you know if they have any plans for a different variant? I love the idea but really dislike the caged in style over the threaded top/bottom usual.

I'd also like a custom copper/acrylic triple bay res for my copper build if they want to make me that too :)

Hi,

I don't think they have any plans at the moment to change the design. They are trying to stay unique from the other Reservoirs about at the moment.

Regarding the triple bay res you can message them as they are very responsive to customer requests.

Soldato
Hi,

I don't think they have any plans at the moment to change the design. They are trying to stay unique from the other Reservoirs about at the moment.

Regarding the triple bay res you can message them as they are very responsive to customer requests.

Oh well, props to them for the modular/reasonable priced approach. Presume message them via their website or are you referring to a specific person?

Cheers

Associate
Just finished my build so thought I'd add a couple of pictures here.

Really happy with the MMRS reservoirs and think they definitely add a little something to the build. Being able to add the inlet to the centre of the reservoir also allows you to do things a bit differently :)

IMG_20170326_181604.jpg

IMG_20170326_193257.jpg

IMG_20170326_193614.jpg

Hopefully they'll be a decent seller for Monsoon as it's always great to see manufacturers trying something a bit different, and these definitely deserve to succeed :)

Associate
Liking it, specially the custom graphics, Welsh by any chance:D. Might have to steal the mid position return idea (and grab one of these)- think it looks clean, planning my first acrylic loop and reckon will make it a bit easier, thanks. Looking at, finding it a bit confusing - will research more, but are they 2x 100 sections with 2x 100 bolts or are they a bigger size all the way through?

Associate
Thanks for the kind words =)

No problem, thank you for making my build simpler to do and nicer to look at! :D

Liking it, specially the custom graphics, Welsh by any chance:D. Might have to steal the mid position return idea (and grab one of these)- think it looks clean, planning my first acrylic loop and reckon will make it a bit easier, thanks. Looking at, finding it a bit confusing - will research more, but are they 2x 100 sections with 2x 100 bolts or are they a bigger size all the way through?

Thank you, but how did you guess I was Welsh?! :D

That's the one thing I loved, it looks so much neater having a straight run from the CPU > middle of the reservoir rather than going diagonal to an inlet on the top of the res.

To replicate mine you'd need the following:

My basket at Overclockers UK:

Total: £100.86
(includes shipping: £0.00)

Just add an extra 'Pump Mount' for the horizontal reservoir. Should also add that the 'Extension Ring' is only needed for Aqua Computer D5's, for any other make it's not needed.

Hope this helps and good luck with your build :)

Associate
No problem, thank you for making my build simpler to do and nicer to look at! :D

Thank you, but how did you guess I was Welsh?! :D

That's the one thing I loved, it looks so much neater having a straight run from the CPU > middle of the reservoir rather than going diagonal to an inlet on the top of the res.

To replicate mine you'd need the following:

My basket at Overclockers UK:

Total: £100.86
(includes shipping: £0.00)

Just add an extra 'Pump Mount' for the horizontal reservoir. Should also add that the 'Extension Ring' is only needed for Aqua Computer D5's, for any other make it's not needed.

Hope this helps and good luck with your build :)
Thanks for that - at least I know I'll be ordering the right stuff.

Just a shame overclockers don't sell the monsoon rotary fittings!

Associate
We do sell monsoon rotary fittings here unless you mean some other fittings.
Lol, thanks - don't now how i missed it, been using my phone at work breaks, couldn't find them, that makes it easier, unfortunatly Matt black are out of stock, do you get regular orders in? (Don't mind waiting a while if i just put order in)
Edit - Just looked again on your phone site, under rotary and extensions, if you filter by manufacturer, monsoon don't show up, you might want to look into it.

Last edited:
Gangster
OcUK Staff
OP
Lol, thanks - don't now how i missed it, been using my phone at work breaks, couldn't find them, that makes it easier, unfortunatly Matt black are out of stock, do you get regular orders in? (Don't mind waiting a while if i just put order in)
Edit - Just looked again on your phone site, under rotary and extensions, if you filter by manufacturer, monsoon don't show up, you might want to look into it.

Thanks I will look into that.

I have just placed another order but they take about a month to arrive. If you are willing to wait place the preorder and I can make sure you have them first and enough.

Associate

If it is your first hard line loop you might want to go with PETG as it is easier to work with.

Associate
If it is your first hard line loop you might want to go with PETG as it is easier to work with.

Trying to weigh up the pros from both, heard on another site that petg malformed (possibly from bad batch), (my d5 and spare are both getting on a bit now and only got fan monitoring through fan header) will probably start another thread later for some advice from the good people here, don't want to hijack this one, thanks for the recommendation though will look into it.

Thanks I will look into that.

I have just placed another order but they take about a month to arrive. If you are willing to wait place the preorder and I can make sure you have them first and enough.
Thanks for fast response Robbie going to put a sizeable order in at weekend including li-lian case and one of these reservoirs, I'm in no rush gives me time to plan :D

Associate
Trying to weigh up the pros from both, heard on another site that petg malformed (possibly from bad batch), (my d5 and spare are both getting on a bit now and only got fan monitoring through fan header) will probably start another thread later for some advice from the good people here, don't want to hijack this one, thanks for the recommendation though will look into it.

Thanks for fast response Robbie going to put a sizeable order in at weekend including li-lian case and one of these reservoirs, I'm in no rush gives me time to plan :D

There are advantages and disadvantages to both. Acrylic is very slightly more optically clear--not enough to really see with the naked eye even side by side and certainly not once installed in a case. It can also be polished if scratched. The negative is that it is harder and therefore more brittle and prone to cracks and stress fractures from repeated heating and cooling cycles while bending. If you do go with acrylic try as hard as you can to limit yourself to three or less heat cycles for each bend and if you have two bends that are quite close to each other try to limit yourself to three cycles total for both.

PETG can't be polished if scratched, (at least not easily) but it is much more forgiving for repeated heat cycles which is why I always recommend it for people new to bending tube. It also seems to offer more tactile feedback for the actual bending operation which is important as bending is to a large extent a "hand skill".

A few other suggestions. Order a few extra sticks of tube. You will screw up the first one getting the hang of it, and it ALWAYS seems that as you are installing the segments you have a moment where you think, "wow I should have run this one this way because that would look SO cool. If you have an extra stick or two already there you can go ahead. Next, use the right tools. At the very least a bending kit with mandrels.

Associate
There are advantages and disadvantages to both. Acrylic is very slightly more optically clear--not enough to really see with the naked eye even side by side and certainly not once installed in a case. It can also be polished if scratched. The negative is that it is harder and therefore more brittle and prone to cracks and stress fractures from repeated heating and cooling cycles while bending. If you do go with acrylic try as hard as you can to limit yourself to three or less heat cycles for each bend and if you have two bends that are quite close to each other try to limit yourself to three cycles total for both.

PETG can't be polished if scratched, (at least not easily) but it is much more forgiving for repeated heat cycles which is why I always recommend it for people new to bending tube. It also seems to offer more tactile feedback for the actual bending operation which is important as bending is to a large extent a "hand skill".

A few other suggestions. Order a few extra sticks of tube. You will screw up the first one getting the hang of it, and it ALWAYS seems that as you are installing the segments you have a moment where you think, "wow I should have run this one this way because that would look SO cool. If you have an extra stick or two already there you can go ahead. Next, use the right tools. At the very least a bending kit with mandrels.
Thanks for that, much appreciated, sounds like some good advice and you won me over to the petg for the first build:D

Back
Top Bottom