Three VoLTE restrictions lifted?

Associate
Traditionally VoLTE only worked on network locked devices and iPhones that had the necessary 'software updates'. Officially no Oneplus devices are supported. My OP3T however, has begun to make VoLTE calls.

*#*#4636#*#* (Phone test) shows 'VoLTE Provisioned' and IMS Status 'Available'.

It does seem reluctant to activate though. Most of the time i still see the Status Bar icon drop down to 'H' when i make a call, but if i try a few times it will hook on to VoLTE. I don't know if this is because of signal strength or some other reason.

I have been running a new Pie ROM recently so it's possible there is some trickery going on under the hood. The APN in use is the same as it ever was though. No special 'ims' APN or settings.

Anybody else here using a Oneplus phone on Three?

Associate
OP
Thought Three only uses volte when in an area of low reception? So it’s not on all the time.

That might explain why it comes and goes.

I've just tested Wifi calling and it works too. I'm thinking now this isn't Three at all but the Pie ROMs. It looks like the Telephony packages have been updated to include all the necessary settings. Particularly i think it's the 'org.codeauora.ims' package which throws up a 'Device is HD Capable' Notification from time to time. (Code Aurora Forum (CAF) is Qualcomms code contribution to Android).

My 3T is on 3, I have a toggle when I go to that screen but I haven't turned it on.

I'm still on oreo.

If you use custom ROMs i'd highly recommend crDroid for the 3T. Everything works out of the box. As it turns out, more than expected! Passes Safetynet without Root too so no problems with Google Pay etc.

Back
Top Bottom