Threshold (Sky One series)

Soldato
Threshold didnt grab me, the first episode looked cheap, its pacing and plot was all over the place.
Bang!
Theres a boat.
BANG!
Theres a woman, with some super plan about disease containment
Bang!
Its oceans eleven, but with geeks!
Bang!
They are on a boat.
Bang
WTF! is going on, who are these people, why am i even bothering with this?

Invasion looks alright, but i cant be bothered with the stupid timeslot of channel 4. sunday evening.
Battlestar on the other hand is fab.

Soldato
I think thats the way things are to come....

Think about it one can spend £50-100k on some cheap reality show in which the 'Zombie' world will auto tune into cos they have nothing much inbetween both ears, or 1 million dollars per "1" sci-fi episode where most of the money goes on special effects and actors!

Its the disgusting truth sadly.

Soldato
I don't wonder whether the relative success of Invasion was in part responsible for the demise of Threshold, in that it has a similar premise, yet seems to have garnered more interest from viewers.

In a similar vein, I've often wondered if House was in part responsible for the demise of Medical Investigation as they also have a similar premise yet House is so much better executed.

House is by far the best non-scifi show on at present, utterly superb.

Soldato
Reaps^ said:
what did u guys think of the 4400, series one and two ?

I've only seen the first season (don't have Sky and that's the only one released to buy) and I was hooked. Really enjoyed it - looking forward to buying the second season when it comes to DVD

I do hate not having Sky at times as I miss a fair amount of programs!

Associate
Reaps^ said:
what did u guys think of the 4400, series one and two ?
Season two was brilliant, really got into it then, it had direction and an arc, Season one didn't really connect with me as much as it could have, but still went through it never the less.

To be honest I don't understand why three alien Sci-fi type programs started pritty much at the same time (Threshold/Invasion/Surface)... but I guess if they're different networks theyre just trying to outshine each other..

Associate
Just got in from work, thought great Threshold tonight...... Nope, cancelled. Not a word from sky either after last weeks episode (unless I missed it).

Seems all we have to enterain us are pap big brother type reality shows, what a load of guff. I'm really running out of resaons to own a TV these days!

So gutted :(

Back
Top Bottom