1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Thumbs up for Photobox

Discussion in 'Photography & Video' started by Buttons, 17 Feb 2006.

1. Buttons

Hitman

I don't think I've ever posted in here but a casual admirer of the SLR brigade and owner of a poultry 2MP compact.

Just used Photobox after reading on here about them and subsequently finding a 30 free print link on Paypal. Combined with 250 prints at 5p each I just got 282 prints for just over £14 delivered and every single one is cracking even with only a 2MP camera (albeit a pretty good one).

Just thought I'd share my experience. ;)

2. morgan

Wise Guy

yep they are the dogs danglies. going to use thier 5p offer myself. also dropped thier prices by 1/3 too

3. Joe T

Capodecina

Yup, they are pretty good. :)

They often come out dark tho. I think its something to do with using a TFT (which is backlit) for editing the pictures before sending them off.

4. sepulchre

Wise Guy

I found the calibration print to help a lot.

I've been using photobox for a couple of years now, I put all my wedding and honeymoon photo's through them, the results were much better than the run of the mill high street processors and they didnt do the annoying re-sizing to 35mm format (7x5 rather than 6x4?) either :)