Thunder and Lightning in Southampton

Soldato
jamie2497 said:
I hope we do get some more rain at least, its boiling at the moment, nearly died just cutting the grass.
you'll only be complaining about it being to bloody cold soon. enjoy it while you can!
Superdude said:
I see the beginnings of a Soton meet/pub crawl :D
yeah it's about time there was a soton meet.

Associate
seek said:
you'll only be complaining about it being to bloody cold soon. enjoy it while you can!

yeah it's about time there was a soton meet.

Lol true true. Then again i have Air con so if i just stay indoors ill be at about the right temperature :D

Man of Honour
Superdude said:
I see the beginnings of a Soton meet/pub crawl :D

Good plan Batman!

There was on strike of lightning that was very close to me (Swathling) and that woke me up, took me ages to get back to sleep.

And there's nothign wrong with Millbrook, I'd rather walk there at midnight than in some other parts of the City.

Burnsy

Permabanned
I went outside for it and danced in the rain with a lady friend. :cool:

Was some awesome thunder, though some silly git has his alarm far too sensitive as it went off every single time...

and yes - pub crawl sounds awesome

Soldato
Superdude said:
Anyone near Southampton see the large flash?

The thunder took ages to get to Chandlers Ford but damn it was loud.

And they said we would have no thunder storms tonight :rolleyes:

I missed it and I love thunder and lightning. I slept through it :(

Associate
OP
Here we go again!

EDIT: It's going crazy! Towards Southampton for those in CF. The lightning is as clear as day, striking the ground but I can't hear any thunder. Either because of the background noise or the aliens are here.

Last edited:
Soldato
Superdude said:
Followed by a heavy BBQ me thinks
bbq sounds good, but it should come before a pub crawl... undercooked meat doesnt settle so well after 10 pints! ;)

plus of course the only food to end a night of drinking on is radjani's kebabs. :D

Last edited:
Associate
My dad got a new camera today, and I used it to take photos of this storm as it passes over the isle of wight :D.

thunder.jpg

thunder3.jpg

This second one is a 15 second exposure, it looks like daytime! despite it being pitch black outside.

thunder2.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
Just got back to hedge end from fleming park, when I left there it was over middle and west southampton.. right over my head now and wow, its crazy! :eek:

Back
Top Bottom