Thunder and Lightning in Southampton

Soldato
Trip Hazard said:
That was impressive, only one really loud crack of thunder though :(

Indeed, but it was good to see some night bolts of lightning for once as I often only hear the thunder. However nearer the end I did get a little aprehensive as it seemed very close and we've got scafolding around the house at the moment..

Soldato
just been watching this out of my window and had a lovely couple of second fork display right over my house, with thunder lasting for ages afterwards.

Soldato
wow that was fantastic, i had a great view of it as it looked like it passed right over town heading north/west. im quite high up in itchen/woolsten area so could watch it with a great panorama :) heared a fire engine too so i think we may see some poor sods house with holes in it on meridian news tomorrow.

Associate
well we had just finished our bbq just as the rain started and i live in Hythe, not a massive fan of lightning, ever since my mum scared me with stories about it when i was young.

Doesn't help that we don't have any house insurance at our pad at the moment either, that worries me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by seek
i just watched "pirates of the caribbean 2: dead mans chest" earlier too... it be a bad omen i tells ye.

Where were you watching it? I saw that in Southampton last night...

lol, i was watching it aswell last night, went to the 8.50 showing at Cineworld (formally UGC, formally Virgin Cinemas), good film.

Soldato
Pants said:
I'm in leicester, just starting to hear the tunder now. Seen flashes in the distance to 3 hours now, but no noise until now...
i'm fom leicester. i guess the old folks must getting it over in market harborough right about now then.

Back
Top Bottom