• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Time for a new CPU

Caporegime
I currently have a 2.0 GHz P4 M SL6FK, running on an Asus P4800-E Deluxe MoBo.

For some reason, I can't unlock it to run any faster that 1.2 GHz, which is a bit pony if I try to run anything more demanding than Pong or Tetris (the box is an HTPC, and I would like to post-process DVDs).

What else is out there that is low wattage, with a high temperature tolerance (I can run hot and quiet as the case is a heatsink case)? AMD (in which case - spec a new board too :)) or Intel, I'm not too fussed - but don't say Pentium M 750 or higher, as I'm not prepared to spank that much cash (even though it would be a nice chip to have, I'm sure).

Associate
**B Grade** Epox EP-4PDA3I v3.x Intel 865PE (Socket 478) AGP Motherboard (MB-052-EP)

At under £30, this might help. Certainly the cheapest upgrade, might even allow you to unleash the potential of your CPU.

Back
Top Bottom