• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Time for a new GPU gtx 560 ti or 570?

Associate
i agree wih the above; get a 480 more powerfull than the 560Ti and on par/maybe more powerful thanthe 570 for the price of a 560ti, also you get like 3 free games with a 480 for £215 i think so its definatley worth it, or get an unlockable 6950, but im not too sure if the 480 beats a 6970, so i reccommend a 480 :D

Soldato
I have a Gigabyte 560 OC and no problems running everything maxed out in 1680, in most titles I have to enable VSYNC

I'm getting a 1080P monitor soon and I really dont expect and issues then either, maybe just knock the AA down a bit and leave VSYNC off

In a console ported world theres no need for £300+ graphics cards, i'm really pleased that I got away with spending just £200 as it was a bit of risk and I thought i'd be dissapointed but its the total opposite

Soldato
Thanks for the info guys. I like the idea of getting a 480. From what I understand a the 560 ti is a newer card than the 480? If so does the 560ti have any new Features that which the 480 does not have. I am seriously thinking of getting one of these http://overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=GX-079-GI
Or This one http://overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=GX-078-GI

There isnt anything to worry about concerning buying the 480 which is older tech as opposed to the 560.

The key differences would be:

1. The 480 is based off of the less efficient Nvidia architecture, so uses a lot of power and produces a lot of heat. The cards your looking at (I would go for the SOC) has a decent cooler so that mitigates the heat issues.

2. Being a year older than the 560, Nvidia *may* stop optimizing drivers for the 480 before the 560... but then again I think the architecture of the cards are so similar I dont think this is a problem.

I would get the 480 SOC if I was you.

It may have issues as some other buyers have found, but thats what your warrenty is for.

Alternatively from the ATI camp, I would say get a 6950 flashable, and if your confident about flashing, it would be a good £200 spent.

The 480 is less hassle however.

Associate
OP
ok I have read a few posts on the 480, from what I can see it runs hot and is a bit loud. so that's out. I have been thinking of getting a 6950 but not flush the bios as I don't want to void the warrenty just incase I have to RMA it. I also plan to get a second one when funds allow for crossfire in a year or so when I need more power. I can't go SLI as my board does not support it. so which one do I get as there is loads of options.

Back
Top Bottom