• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Time Spy Standard DX 12 Bench.

Associate
So I have a curious problem with my Radeon 550 now.

I felt like taking the risk to try flashing it with a 128 bit vram bios to see if it would work, unfortunately it bricked. Not a problem as I simply connect with my Pentium iGPU and flash it back.

Except I've now lost 200 points in timespy, gone from 1250ish to 1050, with my Graphics tests scores falling, and can't seem to revert it back to its previous performance (running with the volt mod bios at 1425 / 8000).

Ooopsies.

Lets try rolling back to the stock bios and taking it from there.

Yes I'm so bored I spend all day bios and volt modding a £50 GPU cos why not? Try to unlock its max potential. Don't care if it irreversibly bricks.

Oh I should reinstall the drivers.

Associate
Really silly question, but whats the method for working out the vram speed on a 3080 here? manufacturer tweak software says 9751, GPU-z states 1219, 3dmark states 1,219 MHz (1,188 MHz) & then when entered on the scoreboard 4876.
I'm properly confuzzed.

Associate
Really silly question, but whats the method for working out the vram speed on a 3080 here? manufacturer tweak software says 9751, GPU-z states 1219, 3dmark states 1,219 MHz (1,188 MHz) & then when entered on the scoreboard 4876.
I'm properly confuzzed.

Theres different frequency states for varying amounts of power load, then the way that all types of DDR work is that they double / quadruple the base clock rate to give the final speed.

Whatever speed it says on the box is what you have.

Back
Top Bottom