Time to pour my heart out...

Associate
That's a shame, breakups are never nice, especially where kids are concerned.

FWIW, my folks split up when me and my bro were about that age, but I was told when I was old enough to get it that they tried their best to keep it amicable - agreeing to disagree and not dragging up all the crap that had caised the breakup in the first place. They still talked, she was happy for us to go stay with him at christmas/summer and he was always welcome to come stay with us, etc.

OUr mothers dead now, but me and my bro get on with our dad like a house on fire, so don't go thinking it's the end of the world or owt; no-ones dead, no-ones leaving the country etc.

Straighten things out with the missus to a degree that you can get on without getting at each others throats and so forth, and that will make things way easier. A few mates had folks who had seriously messy split ups and basically stopped talking altogether and fought over the kids tooth and nail, that's where you don't want things to go IMHO/IME.

have a beer and get some pasty to smash lad.

Caporegime
OP
My two boys are 4 (5 in May) and 19 months old.

Have some Bombay TV. Hope they cheer you up.

First Date As A New Man.

Randy Wee Devil.

Classic, second one got a genuine lol.

sorry to hear that mate, hope you pick yourself up soon :)

Thanks.

That's a shame, breakups are never nice, especially where kids are concerned.

FWIW, my folks split up when me and my bro were about that age, but I was told when I was old enough to get it that they tried their best to keep it amicable - agreeing to disagree and not dragging up all the crap that had caised the breakup in the first place. They still talked, she was happy for us to go stay with him at christmas/summer and he was always welcome to come stay with us, etc.

OUr mothers dead now, but me and my bro get on with our dad like a house on fire, so don't go thinking it's the end of the world or owt; no-ones dead, no-ones leaving the country etc.

Straighten things out with the missus to a degree that you can get on without getting at each others throats and so forth, and that will make things way easier. A few mates had folks who had seriously messy split ups and basically stopped talking altogether and fought over the kids tooth and nail, that's where you don't want things to go IMHO/IME.

have a beer and get some pasty to smash lad.

Gladly things are not too bitter between us, she even said I am more than wlecome to visit and spend as much time with the boys as I want, just wont be the same with them not living with me all the time

Soldato
This might be a small consolation. A friend who separated and now sees his children at the weekends only has said that he feels he now makes more use of his time with the kids, and likewise they look forward to seeing their dad.

Associate
Ah crud,

All the best anti, I would probably curl up n die if i didnt have my kids mate. At least its all good you can spend as much time as with them, things can only get better, just take some time.

It'll come good eventually, and think of all the pasty smashin in between :)

Soldato
Sorry to hear man, most brutal. Especially with kids involved

Im currently breaking up with my girlfriend ( i think )

We had a chat and said we would have a break of a week maybe two so i could sort some things out. Totally seems to understand then the next day shes off getting hammered and telling every one we've broken up and that i dumped her. Just dont get it. Shes completely got the wrong end of the stick

Sorry for the slight hijack.

Fell really sorry for you mate as some one who is currently entwined in absolute crappness. But i haven't got kids so i cant imagine how you must feel :(

Soldato
If you think you made mistakes, then the best you can do is learn from them.
Were you supportive to your family? Did you have a proper relationship with your partner i.e did things work both ways?

Have no idea what went on so i cant really have any feelings for you, good or bad.

But if you were a nice supportive husband and father then you dont deserve this, but on the other hand if you were an ass then shes better off without you.

Your kids look great, you need to do everything in your ability and beyond your abilities to be their father, no matter what the mother decideds to do, remember they are your kids no matter what their names are and no matter where or who they live with. No matter what situation you are put in, you have to do the best you can for your kids - always.

and if you start to not get on with the mother then remember your kids are not her and not an instrument to get back at her.

Last edited:
Associate
You need to sort out arrangements for the kids...i didn't and i haven't seen my son for a few years!...he is 17 now and hates me...his mother had a few years to work on him in that respect. I fell to bits when my first wife said goodbye and took my boy and then things got very nasty...lots of visits from the old bill and some arrests! this went on for 2 years..don't let it happen to you. Concentrate on the kids..i know its difficult but they are the most important things in your life...oh and don't let her stitch you up!

Last edited:
Associate
I was in a similar place 4 and a bit years ago, wife wanted a divorce and we have a 3 year old girl. It was very tough at first, I tried moving into a place local to her for the same reasons you state about still being in my daughters life on a daily basis, but it was making me very depressed as I really didnt want the break up i the first place.

Eventually I moved back to my home town, which was some 300 miles away and that obviously took a tole on the amount of time I could be with my daughter, but it also helped me a lot to put that relationship with my ex wife to bed and move on with my life.

I still got to see and have my daughter when ever I wanted, usually long weekends, school holidays, xmas, NY etc. She still new who her daddy was.

I now live in Denmark, have done for the past 2 years, my daughter just turned 8, me and the ex wife actually talk now, I bought my daughter a laptop so she can webcam with me on MSN as often as she likes and I have her for as many of the school holidays as I can, for xmas, NY. I visit her in the UK as often as I can and allthough it's not ideal it's working for now.

I do appreciate your in a painfull place right now, but time does heal and you can make the best of a bad situation.

Matt.

Don
Gladly things are not too bitter between us, she even said I am more than wlecome to visit and spend as much time with the boys as I want, just wont be the same with them not living with me all the time

well that's good news

try to avoid confrontations if things are a bit volatile, who knows what the future may bring, always a good idea not to burn any bridges

:)

chin up mate

Soldato
Just finished with my missus of 5 years, we have two beautiful children together and we have run the course of the relationship.

Won't bore anyone with the details, but I do have my faults which have proved the undoing and no amount of talking and saying I will stop these and change my ways can get her back.

I did genuinely want to work things out but no, chance has gone, we have had fallings out in the past but nothing close to this level.

I am really going to miss not being with my boys day in day out doing the daily routine of breakfast/dinner/bath time/book/bed, I love them so much, they are my world, they are the reason I go to work and strive to earn every penny going, and it's going to be hard not being involved with them daily.

I guess I just needed to get this out there and vent.

So feel free to say smash as many pasties as possible etc etc god knows I could do with a laugh right now.

Oh and someone arrange a GD meet, I need to get stupidly drunk.

I present you Hayden & Sebastian:

*snip* *snip*

Best idea in the world!

As for the situation mate, it's a terrible thing, when my parents split my dad kind of drifted away, we rarely talk now, not really spoken to him for more than 3 days this year! Please oh god please don't let that happen with your wee ones. Keep in contact, buy them a cheap mobile phone to share to get in contact with you! Come to an arrangement with your ex.

I know I regret not talking to my dad as much as I should and I hate knowing there is no reason why we don't talk, its just lazyness from both of us and it has caused a gap so big it can no longer be bridged :(

ags

Soldato
Unlucky mate.

I know loads of people where the parents have split and the kids have either moved in with their dad or the dad is just the general favourite of the two. If things are amicable between the two of you then you aren't going to lose anything regarding the kids.

Enjoy this time to do stuff for yourself and in a few weeks it'll feel normal. (Sometimes I envy single people :p)

Back
Top Bottom