Timeless/ageless car design/concept

Zip

Zip

Soldato
ElRazur said:
The lambo countach does it for me. I remember back in Nigeria, every household have a poster of it on the wall.....***DroolS** (it is always next to the image of that female tennis player scratching her bum...anyone remember that poster?) :cool:

As at the time it came out, it was years ahead of it's time. Even today the countach will draw attention and turn heads.

countach25th_1.jpg

Lamborghini-Countach_1024.jpg

Taht just OOzes 80s :p

Caporegime
[TW]Fox said:
Giving up, the NSX has ceased production :(

To be honest I'm not sure they could ever have really 'done' anything bar selling it a hugely lower price - to compete with Ferrari you need something a little more than technical excellence.. well, I guess they could have given it some performance..

Like the correct badge, my respect for the NSX is boundless i think its a fantastic car and i would love to own one at some point, but i also dream of owning a 355....

Soldato
OP
[TW]Fox said:
Giving up, the NSX has ceased production :(

To be honest I'm not sure they could ever have really 'done' anything bar selling it a hugely lower price - to compete with Ferrari you need something a little more than technical excellence.. well, I guess they could have given it some performance..

Iirc,i belive there is another replacement in concept stages already.
Personally, i think they need to focus on a market area and use all theri technology know-how to try and beat the closet rival or market leaders in that area.

Man of Honour
A quick straw poll - is there ANYONE here who, when given a choice of one of three cars completely free would chose the Honda:

a) 1997 Honda NSX 3.0
b) 1997 Ferrari F355
c) 1997 Porsche 911

Zip

Zip

Soldato
Nozzer said:
The Counach has, in my opinion, dated horribly. It still has amazing presence but... look at it.
Its the Rear of the car.
For some reason the 80s managed to bring out Mid Rear sports cars with rears, and rear lights that just cant be updated easily not matter how hard you try

Zip

Zip

Soldato
[TW]Fox said:
A quick straw poll - is there ANYONE here who, when given a choice of one of three cars completely free would chose the Honda:

a) 1997 Honda NSX 3.0
b) 1997 Ferrari F355
c) 1997 Porsche 911

Ferrari just because im a badge whore :p

Then the 911.

Then the NSX

That is all :)

Suspended
Zip said:
Its the Rear of the car.
For some reason the 80s managed to bring out Mid Rear sports cars with rears, and rear lights that just cant be updated easily not matter how hard you try
It's too angular, glance at it from any angle and you instantly think "80s".

Soldato
OP
[TW]Fox said:

a) 1997 Honda NSX 3.0
b) 1997 Ferrari F355
c) 1997 Porsche 911

I would pick the Honda. As you know, i like my things (cars) to be different. :p

Caporegime
[TW]Fox said:

a) 1997 Honda NSX 3.0
b) 1997 Ferrari F355
c) 1997 Porsche 911

355 then nsx.

Simply cause of the Ferrari badge and the fact the 355 can actually be used as a normal car, unlike the 80's ferrari's

Zip

Zip

Soldato
Nozzer said:
It's too angular, glance at it from any angle and you instantly think "80s".

Take the wing off, and it would look better :)

The angles can be fixed with a bit of body work done
(Did you see the thread i had about the MR2 Mk1 with a different bumper? It looked a completly new car.)

Its just the back lights seem to be to Square and dont curve around from back to the side of the car. Damm flat backs they made back then

Soldato
For me, a timeless and ageless car was built in your own backyard (so to speak).

A Series 1 E-Type Jaguar.

So many have copied it's basic body design (RX-7 for starters), but never gotten it quite as right.

Beautiful car, would own one in a heartbeat if I could.

Soldato
OP
Mickey_D said:
For me, a timeless and ageless car was built in your own backyard (so to speak).

A Series 1 E-Type Jaguar.

So many have copied it's basic body design (RX-7 for starters), but never gotten it quite as right.

Beautiful car, would own one in a heartbeat if I could.

This you mean?

1965_Jaguar_E_Type_Series_1_2.4_liter_Coupe_Red_ss11.jpg

Zip

Zip

Soldato
Nozzer said:
Completely. But that defines the age of the car, doesn't it?

So it isn't timeless...

No i would leave it standard.
I was just using it as an example why some 80s cars have the problem to make them look older while the fronts usually seem up to date or can easily be updated if you want to

Back
Top Bottom