Timeless/ageless car design/concept

Soldato
The Miura is totally faptastic. To me there is no other car that comes close from a visual standpoint. It still holds its own in the modern world as a design (aesthetically) in many respects. The GT40 is close, but something about it screams "I'm from the 60's" louder than the Miura.

As for the RX-7, there's something that's sooooo totally right about it. I saw one just like the pic a few weeks back, totally unmodded and it looked current and very nice indeed. The shape is extremely sexual, esp. by Jap car standards. I think the design will go on looking good for a long time to come. I do doubt however, that the RX-8 will age anywhere near so well.

Soldato
OP
danza said:
The Miura is totally faptastic. To me there is no other car that comes close from a visual standpoint. It still holds its own in the modern world as a design (aesthetically) in many respects. The GT40 is close, but something about it screams "I'm from the 60's" louder than the Miura.

You know i actually think the opposite of what you are saying man. The GT40 looks better and the muira screams retro and there's nothing timeless about it.
Having said that, we can say argue that the "timeless look" is all subjective.

Associate
toyota_supra.jpg

i'm a little biased on this one but I think it still looks great the japense have designed many futre classics with the mx5, rx7, fto, nsx and supra

Soldato
I'd probably agree with most and say the FTO is one of the few cars that still looks modern even though its getting on a bit now.
Some of the cars in this thread do look awesome (lambo's etc) but they do looked dated.

Soldato
OP
moss said:
I'd probably agree with most and say the FTO is one of the few cars that still looks modern even though its getting on a bit now.
Some of the cars in this thread do look awesome (lambo's etc) but they do looked dated.

Nice one, another vote for the FTO.

Back
Top Bottom