Tinnitus who suffers from it

Soldato
Hmm... I always hear a high pitch noise when I'm sat in total silence, but I never even thought it was something wrong with my ears. Now it sounds like it could be Tinnitus :o

If I'm in a quiet room or something for too long, like I sometimes sit in my car for a while just using my phone after I've parked up (with no music or anything on), then the high pitch noise will start to make my ears feel as if they are blocked. It takes a while for that blocked feeling to go away.

Soldato
Which earplugs do you have? I need to buy some good ones. Part of the reason for me is that I play drums, and over the last few weeks, been doing a lot of practise every day. In my kitchen, which is a harsh sound, so the drums are louder in there. So that has probably contributed enormously to my ringing. It would be good to have some that cut out some Dbs.

I bought some Alpine MusicSafe Pro Filter Ear Plugs for Musicians" from the rainforest today, a lot of good reviews .Definitely get some if your playing drums regularly!

Soldato
I sometimes get it at night. I assume when it happens my blood pressure is high as it sounds like number 7 on that webpage which is like a pulse. It usually soon subsides however so it's quite bearable.

wnb

wnb

Soldato
How long have you had it for?
Couple of years.

What brought it on?
Never goes away.

Does it bother you anymore?
Not at all, I forget about it.

And what sound do you hear?
Constant tone.

Associate
I've had it for a good 15 years now I'd say. I'm not certain what caused it but I suspect it came from listening to my walkman on full blast as a teen.

I go through phases where I don't notice it for a while and other times it really starts to tick me off. While silent and trying to sleep or just typing like now I notice it a lot more, if there is some background music not so much. To me it is a very high pitched ringing, like someone just hit a triangle.

Soldato
I do suffer from it, but it's usually only heard when very quiet. I was fine after going out on Monday but i'm usually quite bad as it is stupidly loud. This Monday coming is bound to be a different story. :(

Soldato
How long have you had it for?

10 years or so

What brought it on?

Listening to music through headphones, clubs and my grandparent's tv!

Does it bother you anymore?

Not for a long time but recently it has become worse, i think my daughter's screaming has done some more damage. Apart from the normal crying she recently went through a week or so of hating her baths and the small bathroom with tiles amplified her, already ample, scream.

I've noticed I have sensitive ears compared to my partner and there are times my daughters screaming REALLY hurts. It can sometimes make my left ear 'pop' or distort, for want of a better description. It is susceptible at night, for example if I went to see/feed her when she was crying (grown out of that thankfully).

And what sound do you hear.

Sound 9 in my left ear

Soldato
Sometimes I'll get a very slight ring in my ear randomly, about once every two weeks, sometimes even once a week.

I only ever notice it if I focus on it.
Would that be a form of Tinnitus? Or is Tinnitus constant, like all the time?

Just curious is all.

Associate
Had it 6 months. Left ear only.

Got it after having a ear infection, when I gave up smoking.

The noise is a deep buzz sound.

It does start to go away but every time something else happens. Like I get a head cold or have to get on a plane (flying seems to Reset it to its default state of being there 24/7).

Associate
Ive got it in my left ear only - not sure what caused it but it comes and goes. Very high pitched noise with kind of fax machine/spectrum loading noises over the top! Only ever notice it when im trying to get to sleep though!

Soldato
So i received the ear plugs from amazon, im not sure how far to put them in? Should they just go as far as earphones(not the in ear ones)?

Squish the plug between your fingers, then gently pull the top part of your ear, while holding your ear insert the plug keeping the top of your ear held while the plug inflates in your ear.

For anyone else needing some cheap great plugs check out a brand called earsoft FX. I use them for work. They're brilliant.

Back
Top Bottom