Tips for a GRAW Newbie

Soldato
I bought this yesterday and its quite good, too many different things going on with the buttons though and its taking some getting used to, does anyone have any tips? I will be playing online at some point but I just know I'm going to get monstered :(

Also can you change the view to first person and it that any better or worse?

Cheers

MB

Come online with the GRAW Crew

you can change the view from over the sholder to First person its in the options somewhere. Personally (and I do play with both) I think the 3rd person view is slightly better because you have more periferal vision.

Tips.
Do not rely on your squad. 90% of the time they will get you killed. I tend to park them well behind me and only call them up to flush out enemies, if I am in a big fire fight, or to take out vehicles.

Use the cross com when ever it is available. you only need to lower it for a split second for it to pick up stationary enemies.
Leaving the cross come lowered will result in it being blown up.

Use the cover provided. There is often many routes through a level or area so try to pick the one with the most cover.

Use the default weapon provided. It is usually the best choice for the level.

Use vehicles to do the killing where possible. If you have a copper over head, keep your head down and use it to target and kill the enemies. You can point at any red dimond and press up (when the chopper is selected) and it will attack. The same goes for the tank.

Do not run in, that will get you killed take your time and try to kill one enemy at a time. If you have the time, try and choose an order to kill them in.

The default rifle has 2 modes of fire; single shot and burst. Burst imo is better for SP mode, you have to be very reckless to run out of ammo.

you can define your pistol as your second weapon by holding B then pressing up until you get to the pistol. pres b to return to the primary weapon. Next time you press b you will switch to the pistol instead of the grenades.

The grenades are more or less useless. I have not found a use for them yet. Bullets for the win.

You can zoom in on the helecoper gun.

night vision is useful when its dark, but not when there are a lot of enemies (or corpese)

Use the peak mode as often as possible. it is in the game for a reason.

Soldato
OP
Kronologic said:
Come online with the GRAW Crew.

you can change the view from over the sholder to First person its in the options somewhere. Personally (and I do play with both) I think the 3rd person view is slightly better because you have more periferal vision.

Tips.
Do not rely on your squad. 90% of the time they will get you killed. I tend to park them well behind me and only call them up to flush out enemies, if I am in a big fire fight, or to take out vehicles.

Use the cross com when ever it is available. you only need to lower it for a split second for it to pick up stationary enemies.
Leaving the cross come lowered will result in it being blown up.

Use the cover provided. There is often many routes through a level or area so try to pick the one with the most cover.

Use the default weapon provided. It is usually the best choice for the level.

Use vehicles to do the killing where possible. If you have a copper over head, keep your head down and use it to target and kill the enemies. You can point at any red dimond and press up (when the chopper is selected) and it will attack. The same goes for the tank.

Do not run in, that will get you killed take your time and try to kill one enemy at a time. If you have the time, try and choose an order to kill them in.

The default rifle has 2 modes of fire; single shot and burst. Burst imo is better for SP mode, you have to be very reckless to run out of ammo.

you can define your pistol as your second weapon by holding B then pressing up until you get to the pistol. pres b to return to the primary weapon. Next time you press b you will switch to the pistol instead of the grenades.

The grenades are more or less useless. I have not found a use for them yet. Bullets for the win.

You can zoom in on the helecoper gun.

night vision is useful when its dark, but not when there are a lot of enemies (or corpese)

Use the peak mode as often as possible. it is in the game for a reason.

Brilliant, thanks very much :)

MB

Matblack said:
Brilliant, thanks very much :)

MB

Oh and dont worry about your standard of skill in the game. You will get much better at playing if you come online with us. We are a friendly bunch (especially McDaniel) and will provide you with plenty of advice. The online experience is slightly different to single player though (you cant do the hide behind the wall thing)

Associate
Unconditional said:
Be at one with your team. Only then will you suceed.

absolute nonsense.

your team is full of idiots, your taking cover and they push you out of it, they dont shoot when some1 is shooting back at them for ages either.

my advice is, pretend your by yourself in the level and be aware of everything around you.

use the map a lot to pin point enemys especially snipers.

Soldato
i found the game easier to put your men in cover, go do the little bits yourself, then bring them forward, then go to the next bit and do it yourself - they get in the way

Back
Top Bottom