Tired of failure

Associate
OP
Re: Re: Re: Re: Tired of failure

Originally posted by Cemetery
Hmmm:

as current things stand:

Runner up in League
Finalist of 1 domestic cup, knocked out by potential winner in FA cup.
Already qualified for the next round of the CL.

So really they are bang on for the 'certain' man u expectations surely?

Well finishing runner-up in the mickey mouse is hardly anything to get excited about.

What round were we knocked out in the FA cup??

Who's the best opposition we've played in the Champions league?...Juve and Deportivo, we've had an easy ride so far.

Soldato
Re: Re: Re: Tired of failure

Originally posted by Disco_Dave

With a club that starts the season with relegation a possibility, the fans won't be as upset if they are in a dogfight. It is what was expected of the club.

No club is happy with a relegation dogfight, the fans certainly arent. What kind of fan looks forward to the season and says "Great relegation this year". Fans and teams always expect to do well.

Associate
Originally posted by Bossman
Not another thread!

The only problem as far as i can see is the formation, i'm gonna keep banging on about it until somebody listens and agrees with me:

• Play Giggs on the left for a change
  • Play Solskjaer consitantly upfront with Van Nistelrooy
  • Keep Beckam on the right
  • Dont have the Full backs consitantly moving forwards
  • NO LONG BALLS!

There needs to be another decent assitant manager in my view, cos thats where the problem lies, fergie has no idea about tactics and will refuse to change it because he is too stuborn. When McClaren left it made a huge impact. I still say you cant chuck players out because at the end of the day they are playing well, but the formation DOENST work. :mad:

i agree with this 100% giggs is a winger play him on the left!

and ole is an out and out striker wtf is he doing on the wing rvn needs help upfront just imagine how many goals we wud score if we had a partner for ruud imo we should not have sold cole ehat a big mistake :(

Soldato
Personally I think Giggs is class up front, certainly first half against Juve he was quality. Ole shouldn't be in the Man Utd squad, or any other Premierhip team as a striker, he looked far better on the right wing earlier in the season.

Associate
OP
Re: Re: Re: Re: Tired of failure

Originally posted by Clerkin
No club is happy with a relegation dogfight, the fans certainly arent. What kind of fan looks forward to the season and says "Great relegation this year". Fans and teams always expect to do well.

I didn't say they would be happy with a relegation scrap, I said they would not be upset as they would expect to have a tough time.

Fans and teams always expect to do well.

So you're saying West Brom fans at the start of this season expected to do well?:rolleyes:

Soldato
Originally posted by silverpaw
Personally I think Giggs is class up front, certainly first half against Juve he was quality. Ole shouldn't be in the Man Utd squad, or any other Premierhip team as a striker, he looked far better on the right wing earlier in the season.

ole is class :confused:

Soldato
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Tired of failure

Originally posted by Disco_Dave
So you're saying West Brom fans at the start of this season expected to do well?:rolleyes:

if i was a wba fan - first season in the premiership - i would actually expect them to do well. at the end of the day this is the first season against the big boys and if u get a few good/lucky results at a crucial part of the season and you go on a run, anything can happen.

probably after half of the season has gone, you pretty much know how well you are gonna do, however, at the start of the season, before playing a single game in the premiership, i would have no idea how well or bad wba would do.

this would be my way of thinking if i were supporting a team that had just been promoted.

Back
Top Bottom