Titan, Noble, Or Exec Chair ?

Associate
Hi All,
Im new to the forums, 72 years of age, and been gaming since pong, and Space Invaders.
Have a nice PC, and game with my 18yr old grandson, as well, other old geezers on discord, just have a lot of fun with friends.

I have Osteoporosis in my spine, and my old executive chair has gone flat, so causing a lot of pain.
I game for anytime from 4hrs to 6hrs, and leave the wife to watch the tripe on TV.

Im 6ft.3, and weigh 17stone, 283ibs, 107kgs, so been looking at the Noble Chairs, and Titan, but cannot figure which would be best for my back, so any ideas guys, or does any one have a nice executive chair that would suffice.

Associate
I currently use a Titan, can’t claim to have massive back problems but it’s a big improvement over a large leather office chair similar to what my MD use my old company used to use.

A friend with back issues is intending to get a herman miller although I’m not sure which one.

Associate
OP
Thanks for the reply.
I have ordered the Titan, and expect it tomorrow.
Been doing a lot of research, as regards Noble, and SL, but there does not seem to be a lot in it.
I wanted the PU one, as I prefer that all black silk look.
Did read that some of the PU was pealing, but it seems mostly in hot countries, and SL have brought out a non peel guarantee.
By what I have read the customer services are very good, so looking forward to getting the chair, and saying goodbye to this back pain.
Although i know the seat can take a while to break in like some chairs.

Associate
I am in also need for a new chair - the tiny armrests on things like the noble ones put me off a little - or are they not an issue? Currently I have a very tatty executive chair all gaffered up and everything haha

Associate
I currently have Titan myself, softweave as I hate leather and PU leather chairs (sweating too much :D ). I can fully recommend it, as it is very comfortable and leage above my old exec chair...

Associate
I currently have Titan myself, softweave as I hate leather and PU leather chairs (sweating too much :D ). I can fully recommend it, as it is very comfortable and leage above my old exec chair...

+1 to this, bought a Titan a few months ago, it's pretty awesome but may feel a little firm for a week if you're coming from a crappy chair with no back support xD

Associate
OP
I am in also need for a new chair - the tiny armrests on things like the noble ones put me off a little - or are they not an issue? Currently I have a very tatty executive chair all gaffered up and everything haha

Having done some research on both Noble and Titan, and having a bad back, I did not want something too soft, and I was torn between the two makes.
Both use the same frame, but padding is different between them.
Arm rests are not a lot different, but I do know the Titan rests can be slid forward, in, or out, so you can be level, with the desk.
If I had the money, and the room I would love to buy both, just to make my own assumption.
I now expect my Titan Monday, as they sent me a mail update.
Hope this help, as regards the arm rests.

Associate
I've never quite figured out the best high for the armrests, but I think its more of a desk issue.

I have them so they just hit the desk hightwise, but I think I'd prefer them a little higher. The next hight doesn't quite feel right. My next desk will be a worktop at a high I decide so hopefully I fix that with the new desk.

I went with the softweave one, I just can't deal with the PU versions. But that is personal preference.

Associate
Having done some research on both Noble and Titan, and having a bad back, I did not want something too soft, and I was torn between the two makes.
Both use the same frame, but padding is different between them.
Arm rests are not a lot different, but I do know the Titan rests can be slid forward, in, or out, so you can be level, with the desk.
If I had the money, and the room I would love to buy both, just to make my own assumption.
I now expect my Titan Monday, as they sent me a mail update.
Hope this help, as regards the arm rests.

Good luck man, don't get intimidated by how firm the chair is, I've no doubt you'll be surprised, I think everyone is at first xD

Associate
I can personally put in a good word for the Noble chairs. I have the Icon and it's served me perfectly. I did have to get a footrest since the lowest setting on the Noble still had my feet off the floor, but because my desk was quite high the chair needed to be tall anyway for ergonomics.
I've just moved house and am temporarily using a dining chair without armrests in my temporary PC setup space and oh my gosh do I miss my Noble right now :(

Associate
I'm a big guy, I've got the Hero and love it. Noble chairs are great quality from what i've seen. There are one or two things i'd change but they are only aesthetics, the chairs themselves are comfy and reliable.

Associate
OP
Got my Titan today, put together with the help from my grandson :).
Very comfy just need to get everything just so ATM, and get used to a completely new experience in chairs.
Would have loved to have sat in both these chairs, but living in near Kent lots of places just don't do these type of quality gaming chairs, just the rubbish ones.

I too am big guy 6'3"inches, and a bit of midriff bulge to go with it, but find this chair reall nice for my height.

Would like to thank everyone for there comments, and help on this subject, and reading the comments here.

Now the next thing will be a nice GPU, if I had the money, but at the moment with the prices. so high I am gonna wait, otherwise the wife will be giving me earache :).
Thanks Again.

Back
Top Bottom