1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TJMax setting for Q9450 and RealTemp

Discussion in 'Overclocking & Cooling' started by Legless, 3 Oct 2009.

1. Legless

Hitman

I've been overclocking my CPU, a Q9450 and have it running nicely at 3.2Ghz and would like to know what TJMax setting i should use for this chip in RealTemp to keep an eye on the temperatures... Its default setting is 100 but i've seen elsewhere people say that for my chip i should set it to 95, could someone please confirm what i should set it to, thankyou in advance... :)

Oh, incase it makes any difference, its a revision C1 ship...

2. setter

Caporegime

100c is the max for a 45nm cpu such as the q9450, 95 was a quoted figure for the older 65nm chips such as the q6600/6700 though im not sure if intel ever confirmed this.

3. Legless

Hitman

Thanks for the quick reply m8... I can now start stressing it and check the temps safely, as setting the TJMax too low would make the temps look cooler than they actually are... ;)

4. setter

Caporegime

Good luck with the overclocking:)

5. Clairvoyant

Soldato

Most people like to keep the temps under 70c

6. twist3d0n3

Capodecina

i've set the tjmax to 95 on mine, seems to give more realistic temps as mine said it was idling at 65oC when it was running at stock.... when i get a temp probe on the copper of my waterblock i can see what sort of temps it is actually hitting