to all Symantec Ghost users

Associate
I just need some confirmation before I go out and buy Symantec Ghost v.10.

Is there a function in Ghost which will copy files from one hard drive to another? I use dantz retrospect 7 at the moment, which duplicates one hard drive to another and verifies the files. Can Ghost do the same?

When I've been mirroring loads of data with dantz it's been crashing quite a lot, so thought I would try something new.

Thanks

Soldato
Is there a function in Ghost which will copy files from one hard drive to another? I use dantz retrospect 7 at the moment, which duplicates one hard drive to another and verifies the files. Can Ghost do the same?

Yes.

Ghost will clone one hard drive to a second one, so long as they are in the same PC. You can clone hard drives across a network once you've configured Ghost correctly for the network cards used.

Associate
OP
Does it have any problems cloning large amounts of data? Say 200GB? The current software I'm using is crashing a lot.

Also, will Ghost verify the files it has copied?

Soldato
RLBUHT said:
Does it have any problems cloning large amounts of data? Say 200GB? The current software I'm using is crashing a lot.

Also, will Ghost verify the files it has copied?

Doesn't have any trouble with large amounts of data in my experience.

And yes, it can be made to verify (and slow down the whole process) data.

Man of Honour
Ghost 10 wil do exactly what you want and I would highly reccomend it for home use. However, for business use I'd reccommend Acronis True Image/Snap Deploy. Its so much better than Ghost on a network.

Burnsy

Back
Top Bottom