To users of Samsung Green

Associate
Just looking at the reviews for this memory and am tempted to use it for the Ivybridge build I am planning. However it is not on the Asus QVL and so if I need to remove it for that or any other reason the extreme low height it seems to have (hardly much above the slots) would seem to make it impractical to replace Maybe some users of this memory who are familiar with this can help resolve this for me and how they managed to do it

TIA

RJC

RJC

Don
Even though the memory is not the QVL list it is usually unlickly the ram not to work, manufacturers can't test every memory on the market.

Also,when removing the ram, the retaining clips also raise the ram module when removing.

Associate
Not difficult to fit or remove. Worked fine on a Gigabyte X58-OC even though not on the ram list. The low height means it shouldn't interfere with big coolers either.

Associate
Some of the modules on the Asus QVL are probably made with the same Samsung chips but could be labelled with higher speed ratings. That's not to say those other companies are lying/exaggerating about their speeds.

ADP

ADP

Associate
Sorry to hijack this thread guys, of got this exact same memory running on an Asus P8Z77-V PRO board. I'm using an Intel i5 £3570K processor.

How do you manually change the memory timings to 9-9-9-24? I just want to run at 1600Mhz. Every time I try to change the values, it just says AUTO in the value box. Am I missing something here?

Thanks in advance:)

Back
Top Bottom