• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

todays price hike on 30 series stuff?

Associate
I mean, what do you think we're doing out here in the middle of the desert?

memecandy-Tex4wVhhs4iwKoV7YT

memecandy-Tex4wVhhs4iwKoV7YT

Soldato
Everybody's getting in on the scalping. Even CeX have been putting their prices up and up for graphics cards. It's not going to change until there's a mining crash. If there's a mining crash.

Caporegime
Grim to say the least, retailers are making a bomb with slapping whatever price they want onto cards, of course they'll claim otherwise like everyone's gonna believe they're making a fiver on every sale.

Associate
Ocuk, how come uve just upped most listings by 80 or more? Surely not to just hike the new 3060 due tomorrow?

I mean the cheapest 3060ti was 450 i think and now 530?

Cheapest 3060ti hasn't been £450 for months on OCUK, likely haven't been since the release date! The last big drop from OCUK almost a month ago had the Zotac Twin Edge at £500, maybe there were some Palits or similar that were a bit cheaper and I missed them but I doubt it.

That the same Zotac is now £530 is worrying but not unexpected. Costs are rising at every level, shortage of cards & parts. Container costs alone have shot up due to demand led by covid and demand is sky high. So much so that I decide to grab that Zotac at the time for much more than I thought i'd ever spend simply because it became clear to me that having the card for 2-3 months ( at minimum) before prices or availability returned to normal was worth the extra £50. Seems like it might have been an even better idea than I thought if they are till going up in price and we are still likely months away before stock situation improves.

Having said that there is at least one retailer I've seen with regularly lower prices but I don't recall those ever having come into stock and the more expensive ones that do are sold before you can even put them in your basket ( suggesting very low levels ). So sure OCUK are more expensive then some other retailers, though I don't think by much more, so that may be them just covering themselves, or just the lengths they are going to to even obtain stock, whilst those bargain price gpu's you see elsewhere simply never materialize with stock so gives a bit of a false impression.

Of course that is not to say I've been happy with the situation. The cost of AIB above FE is just ridiculous, so much so that someone somewhere is not being transparent - either nvidia with unachievable MSRP or AIB over-charging. Then factor in all the other stuff that is going on, Covid, Brexit, memory shortage, chip shortage, 2 new game console launches, new tariff charges, scalpers, miners, bitcoin etc and its not surprising that prices keep going on.

I think my biggest take away from all this is i'm never going to go price-performance guides from reviewers where they use the nvidia MRSP - its clearly unrealistic, unless you are one of the few lucky ones to grab a FE card.

Last edited:
Soldato
Cheapest 3060ti hasn't been £450 for months on OCUK, likely haven't been since the release date! The last big drop from OCUK almost a month ago had the Zotac Twin Edge at £500, maybe there were some Palits or similar that were a bit cheaper and I missed them but I doubt it.

That the same Zotac is now £530 is worrying but not unexpected. Costs are rising at every level, shortage of cards & parts. Container costs alone have shot up due to demand led by covid and demand is sky high. So much so that I decide to grab that Zotac at the time for much more than I thought i'd ever spend simply because it became clear to me that having the card for 2-3 months ( at minimum) before prices or availability returned to normal was worth the extra £50. Seems like it might have been an even better idea than I thought if they are till going up in price and we are still likely months away before stock situation improves.

Having said that there is at least one retailer I've seen with regularly lower prices but I don't recall those ever having come into stock and the more expensive ones that do are sold before you can even put them in your basket ( suggesting very low levels ). So sure OCUK are more expensive then some other retailers, though I don't think by much more, so that may be them just covering themselves, or just the lengths they are going to to even obtain stock, whilst those bargain price gpu's you see elsewhere simply never materialize with stock so gives a bit of a false impression.

Of course that is not to say I've been happy with the situation. The cost of AIB above FE is just ridiculous, so much so that someone somewhere is not being transparent - either nvidia with unachievable MSRP or AIB over-charging. Then factor in all the other stuff that is going on, Covid, Brexit, memory shortage, chip shortage, 2 new game console launches, new tariff charges, scalpers, miners, bitcoin etc and its not surprising that prices keep going on.

I think my biggest take away from all this is i'm never going to go price-performance guides from reviewers where they use the nvidia MRSP - its clearly unrealistic, unless you are one of the few lucky ones to grab a FE card.

Lucky only if you get one that doesn't scream with coil whine, we are sick of ours at work to the point we started opening them up and using hot glue on the chokes to reduce the whine and the ones that it didn't help with they ended up on ebay at £2K a pop and sold and replaced with the AIBS the 3090 FE that is as they are used in sli/nvlink for the workstations. Worst whining cards we have ever had to the point it's driving people crazy and we won't be buying them anymore and getting the blower cards and AIB cards with open coolers for the cases that have good venting and fans, we are that tired of them now and the odd ones with rattling fans too that are just as bad, nice design cards but too many issues with them regarding the noise they produce in an office.

Not sure about the other FE cards but the 3090s are a royal pain, we had some sent back and replaced and that was only done because we purchased a lot of them and they said that will be a one off replacement because they class the whine as normal..:rolleyes: and of course we still ended up with cards that whined that went straight on ebay and replaced with AIBs that we can get our hands on in pairs at almost £500-£600 more than the FE price but again stopped the horrible screaching noise from all the workstations in an open office.

Pricing has gone up everywhere not just ocuk, other e-tailers have prices that seem lower for cards but they are all out of stock and when in stock they show the true selling price and they are way more than the out of stock price too. Sad reality of the times we live in and is only going to get worse by the sounds of it with samsung and TSMC having issues right now with manufacturing and environmental issues where the fabs are and they are being forced to make automobile parts.

Last edited:
Soldato
Lucky only if you get one that doesn't scream with coil whine, we are sick of ours at work to the point we started opening them up and using hot glue on the chokes to reduce the whine and the ones that it didn't help with they ended up on ebay at £2K a pop and sold and replaced with the AIBS the 3090 FE that is as they are used in sli/nvlink for the workstations. Worst whining cards we have ever had to the point it's driving people crazy and we won't be buying them anymore and getting the blower cards and AIB cards with open coolers for the cases that have good venting and fans, we are that tired of them now and the odd ones with rattling fans too that are just as bad, nice design cards but too many issues with them regarding the noise they produce in an office.

Not sure about the other FE cards but the 3090s are a royal pain, we had some sent back and replaced and that was only done because we purchased a lot of them and they said that will be a one off replacement because they class the whine as normal..:rolleyes: and of course we still ended up with cards that whined that went straight on ebay and replaced with AIBs that we can get our hands on in pairs at almost £500-£600 more than the FE price but again stopped the horrible screaching noise from all the workstations in an open office.
I had a 3080 FE and that had the loudest coil whine I've ever heard. Had to get rid of it, as it was ruining my gaming experience. Have a 3070 FE in there now and that's whisper quiet.

Associate
Peoples prices have gone up in price yes but to a degree, overclockers have basically just gone wild, and I thought they was against scalpers lol.
I’ve spent a lot of money and been a loyal customers for years but unfortunately the tide has turned and I shall be going elsewhere.
The problem with trying to make a quick buck is you screw yourself in the long run and you end up just loosing customers. I was always taught to look after your customers and they’ll come back.

Soldato
Yeah the price jump today priced me out. Was really tempted to pre-order the 3090 then the pre-orders stopped yesterday... Back up today... Starting at £2000

Soldato
If you look at Gibbo's thread at the top of the page concerning stock updates for the 3000 series OCUK are only receiving single digit number of cards every other day and that only goes to clear up pre orders from last year. It's quite clear AIB's are dealing directly with miner's with only a handful of cards going to retail outlets. And that's just Nvidia the 6000 series is bearly any better then a paper launch

Associate
If you look at Gibbo's thread at the top of the page concerning stock updates for the 3000 series OCUK are only receiving single digit number of cards every other day and that only goes to clear up pre orders from last year. It's quite clear AIB's are dealing directly with miner's with only a handful of cards going to retail outlets. And that's just Nvidia the 6000 series is bearly any better then a paper launch

I get what your saying and some I agree with but I know a company that deal directly with overclockers and they are getting in multiple cards on a regular basis that are showing as unavailable. They are getting in more than they will disclose but prioritising their ongoing collaborations with who they would consider “competitors” (obviously can’t mention said company) before the forum participants that were meant to be of priority

Soldato
The world certainly appears to have us all by the short and curlies at the moment :eek:

Looks like I'll be sticking with my 1080ti for the foreseeable future. Can't say I'm that worried... life....

Associate
All 3080 cards are close to £1k on the site now and there isn’t any 3070 below £700. It’s frankly ridiculous. I don’t think anyone else has put up their prices by that extend.

Was going to build a new PC this year after giving my old one to the kids but at those prices I’ll just stick with console gaming for now until some normal priced GPUs are available again. Certainly won’t be buying anything from here at those prices.

Back
Top Bottom