TomTom iPhone Cradle has appeared in the Apple Store

Associate
Well,

I'm not going to pay £100 for a cradle on its own, so TomToms's loss there.

Does seem like one of the biggest SNAFU's for a while this one.

Heres hoping TomTom realise what a balls up they have made of the situation and resolve it PDQ

Soldato
Well,

I'm not going to pay £100 for a cradle on its own, so TomToms's loss there.

Does seem like one of the biggest SNAFU's for a while this one.

Heres hoping TomTom realise what a balls up they have made of the situation and resolve it PDQ

Anyone know what a SNAFU or a PDQ is without googling it?

EDIT: Googled and now learnt :D

Soldato
Seems incredible that such experienced consumer businesses can get this stuff so wrong.

People saying they'll sell at this price - sure they will, but only a fraction of the volume that they would if it was competitive against regular PNDs. I mean, just look at the people posting in this thread; we're here because we were thinking about getting this, but the feeling is £100 for just the mount is crazy money that we aren't prepared to pay.

Kol

Kol

Man of Honour
Well, what's an array of items? You either have the Tom Tom iphone cradle or you have a standalone unit. It's no more cluttered to have a standalone unit and it's probably more practical. Not to mention it's more expensive to have the iphone than a standalone!

By array of items I meant phone & Satnav in cradles. It's much tidier for me to have it all in one unit - than have my phone in one cradle for use/hands free etc and a satnav.

Man of Honour
Which other nav software are worth looking at? I need to either get a holder & software or will just buy a tomtom instead. Rather have it in one device though.

Soldato
I think I will pick up a TuneBase FM kit for 50 quid cheaper which does the same thing! (Aside from extra GPS gubbins in the TomTom dock - but the TomTom app has pretty good tracking so Im not fussed).

Back
Top Bottom