TomTom iPhone Cradle has appeared in the Apple Store

Soldato
Having tried every sat nav app out for iPhone I would say they are all pretty flawed. The main issue is the lag. It is so anoying that the displayed location is a couple of seconds behind where you actually are. Your half way round a roundabout before the app says its approaching.

I think its a reception issue though as its not as bad then the iPhone is attached to the windscreen, its terrible when I stick the phone in one of those vent holders.

If the cradle stops the lag then at least the apps will be usable, but at £99 its still daylight robbery. Ill stick to using my TomTom Go 520.

Soldato
The cradle seems to have been taken down again? Maybe they are having a rethink on price? Looking at the cradle on their website it does look good built in gps, microphone, speaker, charger etc. If it was £100 with sftware I'm sure I would order one!

Man of Honour
Man of Honour
I've only used it twice but will let you know when I use it again :)

Just got Parrot Minikit hands free installed which sync'd with iphone and contacts which is good.

Associate
Have co-pilot using it with a windscreen mount- and not experiencing any lag issues as described here. Just used it in Italy for a week and it was pretty much floorless, this is on a 3GS. Bargain for £25.99 per country.

Man of Honour
Any recommendation for a iPhone holder for the car?

Not sure if Brodit do one haven't checked yet?

I bought a Brodit one (think it was their ref 875214) last week and fitted it. Works great, no drilling into the dash or anything. Just slot/drop the iphone into place and go :)

Associate
Thats another no from me too. For the total amount you can get a dedicated satnav for your motor.

Wonder if they will look at the pricing and lower it some? I reckon £60 for the cradle is a fair amount to pay, putting total at £120ish.

Guess you will be able to spot the rich fanboys easy now

Back
Top Bottom