TomTom iPhone Cradle has appeared in the Apple Store

Soldato
Better off getting a standalone device at that price, you can get a £50 Navigo that runs Windows CE 5 .NET and install whatever satnav software you want on it and it's still cheaper than this.

Soldato
I can't believe they've done this - another sale lost from me.

Hopefully enough people will hold out on them and they'll have to drop the price.

Panzer

Soldato
this is just silly, id love to have the kit but the cost is stupid is there we can get a refund over this? tbh they should have announced the priced of the car kti when the app got released. i totally feel robbed

Soldato
Crazy. I must say I did originally think they'd try and rinse people with this, then changed my mind with the £60 app, expected about £100 all in. I'm still on my original iPhone, this is another reason why I'm not in any rush to change from it, still does everything I want it to do. As it is now, if I want a sat nav, I'll get a standalone TomTom or such...

Soldato
I bought Co-Pilot it's £26 and as good if not better than the TomTom app, so I don't get why they think they can charge £100 for a glorified car mount!

Copilot update just released :D

CoPilot Live 8.0.0.417 Europe for the iPhone has been released as an update in the App Store.

New features and improvements include:

•iPhone keyboard
•Improved contacts destination entry
•Improved GPS performance in walking mode
•Update button for in-app safety camera database downloads
•Additional stability and performance improvements
•Ability to switch-off menu beeps and mute voice instructions
•Smart call handling remembers your destination after a phone call
•Fixed landscape freeze after phone call issue
•GPS reliability improvements

Associate
But the £80 one says it's for the Touch whilst the £100 one is still listed for the iphone - I'm very confused!!

Do a search for Tom Tom to see both...

Associate
I'm thinking of getting CoPilot rather than TomTom. Would anyone be able to recommend decent iPhone craddles that won't drop my phone as I drive?

Associate
Can anyone confirm whether GPS nav apps like Tomtom and CoPilot suffer from the same movement lag that the built in maps application does? The number of times I've missed turnings because google maps only updates once I've pass the junction is ridiculous :/

Associate
I use Tom Tom on mine without any cradle (it just sits on the passenger seat) and I've never found the delay an issue. I'd say on average it's 1-2 seconds behind when driving at 5-10mph in the road where I live, but absolutely fine when driving above 20mph.

A cradle would be good just so that I can see the screen and not have to rely on voice only.

Soldato
I got myself a Tomtom cradle last week. Superb piece of kit, well made, fixes on GPS straight away and updates Tomtom (and co-pilot which is even better!) straight away. The speaker is loud enough and handsfree works well. I know its expensive but at least it is very good at what it does!

Back
Top Bottom