1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tomtom on iPhone

Discussion in 'Apple Software' started by Marky, 12 May 2010.

1. Marky

Capodecina

Hey all,

Quick question about the Tomtom app for the iPhone...

You can get UK & Ireland for £54.99 - however, I see you can then get "Western Europe", which includes UK & Ireland for £59.99...

Am I missing something or are they actually offering Western Europe for just an extra £5?

Also, if I buy multiple places - am I right In thinking they will be in seperate apps?

Thanks,

Marky

2. a0004uk

Associate

You are correct. They are offering the western europe for the extra £5. And yes, if you buy more places, they will be seperate apps.

3. Burned_Alive

Capodecina

Shame, they were 42.99 and 48.99 the other day!

4. Red and White

Sgarrista

does tomtom include walking routes?

5. a0004uk

Associate

You can definatly change it to walking routes in the settings menu. Never used it though, so i dont know if its any good.

6. Marky

Capodecina

Ahh great thanks for clarifying :)

... DAMMIT :p

7. uv

Sgarrista

I've got the CoPilot app, which is pretty much every bit as functional as TomTom (including things like lane diagrams at large junctions), and it's just £25 :)

8. Feek

Commissario

They're both the same price now, £42.99

I returned my Garmin standalone unit last week for a refund, it was a top of the range unit at £279 and had a pretty major flaw so now the cash has gone back into my account I've bought the Western Europe TomTom at the above price, I've got a ProClip mount on on order and will probably get the official TomTom cradle as well. Add to that the in-app purchase of the traffic updates (which has also just gone down) and I get a good package for less than the Garmin.

At 1.86Gb it's a big app though.

9. Snow-Munki

Capodecina

so just to check western europe includes UK ?

Can I just rename the IPA to zip, remove the europe maps and then just use UK. Then it'#s nice to have the option for europe maps when I do go abroad.

10. benftl

Hitman

Western Europe includes the UK yes.

11. Marky

Capodecina

Anyone clue me in in why there is a UK/Ireland & a Western Europe version at the same price - What's the point in just getting the UK/Ireland version when you can get the rest of the West side of Europe included in the other version =\

Sucks that it is quite a big file - I have literally around 50MB left on my 16GB iPhone :p Think I may sell my iPhone 4 and get the White 32GB version when it is out :)

12. Feek

Commissario

Size. If you're never going to need the countries outside the UK, why use up 1.86Gb of space on the device as opposed to a few hundred Mb.

That's the only reason I can think of anyway.

13. Marky

Capodecina

I suppose you're right!
    Western Europe = 1.9GB
    UK/Ireland = 350MB

Quite a lot of difference :p