Tony Hawk’s Pro Skater 1 and 2 remastered

Soldato
Really excited for this.

It's really weird watching all these vids with the soundtrack turned off (that they've probably spent a lot of time licensing). The DMCA thing really ruined game video content.

Man of Honour
I’ve great memories of this on PS1 but have tended to re-play the Dreamcast version which looks amazing; I tried the PS1 version again and can’t believe how bad it looks v the Dreamcast!!

This looks awesome though!

Associate
Mine is out for delivery...just got to keep an eagle eye out for the postie. I wonder how big the day one patch is going to be on the physical edition.

Associate
ARGH - just got mine via DPD and hooray, it's on disc... surely that means I can play within a few minutes.

Guess again, still needs the 24GB update. I'm still in favour on physical media but this is genuinely worthless. It seems that's on the disc/blu-ray is just a digital key, what a waste.

On the other hand, the deck looks cool. DPD man said he had 20 to deliver just in this postcode area, at £90 a pop that's crazy.

EDIT - actually I'm unsure now. Speeds are varying between 20 and 70mbp/s, my speed can only deliver max 30mbp/s...

Associate
ARGH - just got mine via DPD and hooray, it's on disc... surely that means I can play within a few minutes.

Guess again, still needs the 24GB update. I'm still in favour on physical media but this is genuinely worthless. It seems that's on the disc/blu-ray is just a digital key, what a waste.

On the other hand, the deck looks cool. DPD man said he had 20 to deliver just in this postcode area, at £90 a pop that's crazy.

EDIT - actually I'm unsure now. Speeds are varying between 20 and 70mbp/s, my speed can only deliver max 30mbp/s...

That's weird, just popped mine in and had a ~ 9gb install from the disk and then only a ~ 2.1gb download on top of that but I had the option to 'Start without network features'. Back of the game box says "Free content download required for certain content".

Associate
That's weird, just popped mine in and had a ~ 9gb install from the disk and then only a ~ 2.1gb download on top of that but I had the option to 'Start without network features'. Back of the game box says "Free content download required for certain content".

Xbox or PS4? (I'm on Xbox)

Soldato
The park editor looks pretty good. Might grab this soon.
Go to 11 minutes for park editor, cannot seem to copy url at a specific time so that this forum can read it.

Soldato
Screw Simply Games, last time I’ll order a release from them. Didn’t learn last time, thought was a one off but today my copy didn’t arrive.

jokers

Soldato
Love it, love it, love it! Brought back so many memories right away. So many challenges and whatnot to complete, will keep me busy for a long time. It’s going to take a while to get back into it but I can feel the muscle memory slowly catching up. I am struggling to decide whether I want to use the stick or d-pad for moves and find myself using both and it’s messing me up when it comes to the longer combos.

I don’t buy many games day one anymore but this was well worth it. 10/10 in my eyes, hits all the right spots for me, especially nostalgia wise.

Back
Top Bottom