Tony Hawk’s Pro Skater 1 and 2 remastered

Don
My plan was to clear each venue then move on to the next, but that isn't happening. Any Pro tips?

Without boosting stat points (hang time, spin, speed) some of the Pro and Sick scores will be difficult if playing "normally".

The "backported" moves from the newer THPS (wallplant, revert) can help keep combos going, e.g. in Warehouse you can just grind backwards on forwards along the ledges by where you drop in, wallplanting at each end to reverse direct and go back the other way. Add in some flip tricks etc as well as the "gap" bonus scoring and can easily rack up a decent combo.

Some other "things the game doesn't tell you" tips here:
https://www.reddit.com/r/THPS/comments/in4v19/things_the_game_doesnt_tell_you_about_movement/

Soldato
Cleared all the levels with Tony Hawk. I liked going over the levels again with different characters on the HD remaster and doing it again. Doesn't reset on this one as they all show as completed

Started playing online and I'm not bad but some of the other players can get the 100,000/150,000 combo score in about 10 seconds so you can't enjoy some levels.

The wall jump is way overpowered and makes combos too easy. On the other hand the revert is really difficult to land :(

Man of Honour
@Kreeeee have you bought this? I really do think it would be right up your street. Combo-licious!!! Far more fun and addictive than its namesake would suggest. I remember buying this as a whim on the Dreamcast and sinking hours and hours into it. I think few games have been as fun tbh.

I’m such a greedy chops with the combos... should just collect the points... but no, I have to go for max points and stack it :( :D

In summary: really, really fun game that holds up and I have no hesitation in giving a big two thumbs up.

I only play games on game pass these days, but I did really enjoy THPS2 back in the day.

Soldato
Cleared all the levels with Tony Hawk. I liked going over the levels again with different characters on the HD remaster and doing it again. Doesn't reset on this one as they all show as completed

Started playing online and I'm not bad but some of the other players can get the 100,000/150,000 combo score in about 10 seconds so you can't enjoy some levels.

The wall jump is way overpowered and makes combos too easy. On the other hand the revert is really difficult to land :(

I couldn't believe the scores people were getting, how do they do it? I think I managed about 30,000 combo once and it took me ages

Man of Honour
I couldn't believe the scores people were getting, how do they do it? I think I managed about 30,000 combo once and it took me ages
I don’t think it’s worth being too mathematical about it... I mean you could learn the perfect sequence but.... meh??

There is a little bit of thrill from a quasi button mash! :)

Man of Honour
Whew, that was one heck of a gaming session. Where did the time go!!

Trying to max out my stats so skipping some challenges. Also decided to try and improve my point scoring prowess.

Yeah... once you discover how to chain up everything and start getting silly points, it does take the soul out of it somewhat :( I much prefer just bombing along a course free styling than cheesing a half pipe rim or whatever or reverting to your special moves... You feel a little creative when you’re just going all over the place... OR you can you just hit a big trick, revert - > manual, grind around a bit, back down the half pipe into a big trick... and so on.

Haven’t tried the multiplayer yet but I presume we can set up a OCUK thing?

Soldato
100% cleared THPS, time to move on to 2. The only thing I'm stuck on is the V logo on Skate park, it's up in the rafters and I just can't seem to get all the way over.. I've decided to stick with Bucky Lasek on THPS 2 and have cleared the first couple of levels with ease now I've improved his stats.

Does anyone know if there is an
Alien plush to collect
on every level?

Soldato
Those super high scores look so much 'easier' to get when you to out the players skill attributes.

I can't even clear the half pipe on the hangar level yet after dropping in from the start!

You'll get there, have you managed to collect every stat point from each level? I struggled to get the first stat point on Downhill Jam, had to collect every other one from the first game, upgrade my airtime and ollie stats then go and get it. Still took a few attempts..

Soldato
How do you do a boneless? I do it by doubletapping forward just before going off a lip ... it's used to jump further, but I can;t seem to do it reliably.

edit:
Googling it, it says
  • Hold X
  • Press Up on D-Pad or Stick Twice
  • Release X
It doesn't seem to always trigger for me just doing that.

Back
Top Bottom