Tool - And so begins the new album...

Soldato
RoB- said:
I don't know what to make of having to wait such a long time for a new album, I know there was a 5 year gap between Aenima and Lateralus and thankfully it turned out to be superb, but i'm not confident the new album will be as good, and get the feeling it may well be a let down. I hope i'm wrong, but that's just the feeling I get. Might be because I've tried to get into APC but it just I just can't. I'll listen to a couple of songs and just think sod this and put Tool back on.

I never get caught up in new album hysteria and am not one of those people who will will say it's great just because it's new, when they secretly think it's not a patch on a previous album. Undertow, Aenima and Lateralus all, in places, send a shiver down my spine when listening to them. I'm hoping the new one will do the same.

Remember though that APC is not just maynard, it is very much Billy Howerdells band as well.

I'm somewhat excited by the porspect of a new tool album, haven't got a problem with waiting 5 years, i sat back and waited 5 years for a new NiN album, and that was a rather good album, infact in some ways it's my favourite niN album, so i have no worries that tool will deliver.

There are certain artists that just seem incapable of making bad music, Maynard is one of those people. :D

Soldato
Spud21 said:
Remember though that APC is not just maynard, it is very much Billy Howerdells band as well.

I'm somewhat excited by the porspect of a new tool album, haven't got a problem with waiting 5 years, i sat back and waited 5 years for a new NiN album, and that was a rather good album, infact in some ways it's my favourite niN album, so i have no worries that tool will deliver.

There are certain artists that just seem incapable of making bad music, Maynard is one of those people. :D

I know APC is not just Maynard but it's just not as good. As someone said before, it doesn't have the same edge as Tool.

I really do hope it's good but every band releases something below usual stnadard atleast one in their career. Although it's down to opinion, what some people will like, others will hate.

Sic

Sic

Soldato
threw you the obvious and you flew
with it on your back, a name in your recollection,
thrown down among a million same.

i think i'm going to wee in a minute

Soldato
I love APC and they're without doubt the best band I've ever seen live (they just shade it over NIN who were phenomenal and I'm yet to see Tool live). I think they suffer a bit in that Mer De Noms has a fair bit of filler on it and sounds a bit dated, but it has some fantastic songs and probably their hardest material ('The Hollow', 'Judith', 'Three Libras'). Thirteenth Step imo is a brilliant album and there are very few bad tracks on it.

I don't know how you can say they lack edge, granted they aren't as heavy as Tool, but 'Judith', 'Pet' and 'The Outsider' are imo amazing tracks.

"If you choose to pull the trigger, should your drama prove sincere, do it somewhere far away from here"

"Over this, OVER THIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIS!"

Soldato
There's more than a fair chance these will be at Reading & Leeds. Not really heard much of their stuff, so I should probably do some catching up.

Soldato
IceBus said:
Otacon - I'd recommend you start with AEnima and Lateralus :) Widely regarded as their best two albums.

"Listen to my muscle memory"

Indeed. My personal favorites of these 2 albums would be:

From Aenima

Stinkfist
Forty Six And 2
Hooker With A Penis
Pushit
Aenema

From Lateralus

The Grudge
The Patient
Schism
Parabol
Parabola
Ticks & Leeches
Lateralus

Both albums in their entirety are brilliant.

Soldato
Cheers gents. This is one reason why I enjoy the festival thing so much - it expands my music pallet a little more. When the Reading line up is released, I'll have a listen to as many acts as I can before hand (especially the day time act) in order for me to plan my days.

Soldato
I hope they play Download rather than Reading tbh, but we shall see.

I'll be seeing them at a concert venue anyways when they tour.

Soldato
Listening to Ænima now, it's quite scary really. I never fail to be utterly blown away by this album, it's just amazing.

Soldato
My problem with AENima is, when I hear Pushit, I always end up going and getting Salival and listening to the long version of Pushit and then forgetting to go back to AENima ;)

"He had a lot to say"

Soldato
IceBus said:
My problem with AENima is, when I hear Pushit, I always end up going and getting Salival and listening to the long version of Pushit and then forgetting to go back to AENima...
Yup me too. But that's because a few tracks later, Tool covering Zeppelin is one of the best presents you can give your ears.

Soldato
IceBus said:
My problem with AENima is, when I hear Pushit, I always end up going and getting Salival and listening to the long version of Pushit and then forgetting to go back to AENima ;)

"He had a lot to say"

Yep, the Third Eye version on Salival = :eek:

Soldato
OP
Tim Leary said:
Question authority, Think for yourself. Throughout human history, as our species has faced the frightening, terrorizing fact that we do not know who we are, or where we are going in this ocean of chaos, it has been the authorities, the political, the religious, the educational authorities who attempted to comfort us by giving us order, rules, regulations, informing, forming in our minds their view of reality. To think for yourself you must question authority and learn how to put yourself in a state of vulnerable, open-mindedness; chaotic, confused, vulnerability to inform yourself

I love Salival. If they release the Lateralus live DVD it would be a double treat...

Back
Top Bottom