1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

top five website listing ?

Discussion in 'HTML, Graphics & Programming' started by Gman, 31 Jul 2006.

1. Gman

Mobster

Any one know a stats site that might show which websites are say the top five used in the world ?

i'm guessing at the moment that some will be -

-Amazon
    - eBay
    - WikiPedia
    - ENcyclopedia Britanica

I know there probably wrong so looking for some rough figures either recent or from the past 5 years at least.

Had a quick look on google and keep getting loads of the top 10 rubish sites :(

2. robmiller

Capodecina

3. Gman

Mobster

nice find , thanks, that'll do nicely

4. zetec452

Sgarrista

myspaz is at 4 :(

5. MossyUK

Wise Guy

alexa is not a definitive answer though, as it only counts people with the alexa toolbar installed - or so i was told. But I agree, yahoo, google, ebay, bbc - im surprised at myspace but then i guess im showing my age ;)

6. robmiller

Capodecina

Yeah but they have a pretty diverse range of people using it---I'd warrant it was fairly representative of the internet population as a whole, and there isn't a better source of info.

7. Sic

Capodecina

i'd agree with Rob - it's probably representative enough...but it's like TV ratings...i doubt you'd really trust it.

also, myspace has close to 70,000,000 users - fair enough, they're not all active all the time, but there's a fair few really really really ridiculously really really high volume users there