1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Top Marks to NEC Customer Support :)

Discussion in 'Monitors' started by indigo_prime, 7 Oct 2009.

1. indigo_prime

Gangster

I bought a 24 inch 24WMGX3 from Overclockers in May this year, just before they stopped stocking them. I have to admit I was in awe at the quality of this screen until the other day! A little fly got inside the display, crawled right across to the centre of the screen and died!!!

I called NEC to explain the issue to see if there was anything they could do, he said 'Forget the fly, I'll log a a fault with the screen. Replacement shipped tomorrow for delivery on Friday, pack the other one up and we'll collect on Monday".

Now I know that 410 quid for this monitor was expensive in comparison to some others but for that kind of fabulous customer service, I'certainly dont mind paying a little over the average.

Superb job NEC :)

2. Ryan-3

Sgarrista

Poor fly :)
    & Good to hear at least some companies are still decent nowadays and can do something right, unlike Sky!

3. cmndr_andi

Capodecina

Very good indeed :D

I will add NEC to my list of trusted monitor manufacturers, along with Dell.

4. slap ed

Hitman

i am a nec fanboy now having experienced there customer service , a lot off other companies could learn a thing or two

5. HazardO

Underboss

You did well. Question is whether they've got any GX3s to send you a replacement. Mind you it would be very simple for them to referbish the one you send them.

6. Greebo

Caporegime

Me here also. After having a 20GX2 go wrong on me and they shipped a replacement out next day without needing my original purchase receipt after 2 years and 10 months, prompted me to saty with NEC for my next screen.

Also on this forum when the 20GX2 became end of line they shipped 24WGMX3 monitors as replacements for faulty ones.

7. KWJay

Wise Guy

At last! Someone else this has happened to!! Unfortunately my 3 year warranty ran out in March and i got a little fly in my screen in August! I've just about managed to tune it out now, but a few weeks back one got in my laptop screen and died! So annoyed!

8. Trox

Mobster

I would probably buy one of these, if they still made them :mad: