Torn between G-Power Pro, ACF 64 Pro, or XP120

Associate
As I have an OPTY146, and am hoping to push it to the max, I want to get the cooling right first time...

After reading CustomPC HSF reviews, I noticed that the Gigabyte G-Power Pro had best colling (also fan conroller), and a close second the Arctic Freezer 64 Pro...

Ive always been a fan (no pun intended) of high cfm fans, and the fan controller.. rather than a constant speed fan... that way on warmer days, you can turn it up.. albeit a bit noisier, and down when you need peace and quiet.

I am tempted to try the Freezer as its quite cheap in comparison, and if all else fails.. I can go for the XP120 and a high cfm fan (Delta?) and a controller... (Can the the XP120 be fitted without removing the motherboard, i.e., does it have its own bracket - Ive looked on the site, and it seems they have an adapter which fits inside the mb bracket?)

The G-Power pro could be the perfect solution, combining a good hs, with fan controller and a reasonable cfm fan (but I notice you cannot upgrade the fan on this)...

Anyone got any advice...???

Bearing in mind I am trying to get to 2.8ghz with my opty... I am also getting a CM Stacker 810 case, so air flow should be good...

Soldato
Keep an eye on this thread, hopefully people will post there cooling results making it easier for people like you looking for a new thermal solution!

I just wanted a good heatsink that was easy to fit and have no clearence issues, so I opted for the Thermalright SI-120 (the updated XP-120).

2525_big.jpg

running with an *almost* silent Akasa 120mm fan, so far so good!

I just think it looks so cool! :)

Soldato
I wouldnt get the G-Power pro, the fan is 110mm i believe thus it isnt upgradable, i sopose you could rig something up but thats not really an ideal solution. It has an exellent heatsink tho and in a review i read a while back it beat the xp90. According to my mate who has one it cools better than his zalman flower copper 92mm cooler (dont know name) but it is a lot louder, it also doesnt cool the sorounding conponents as good as the zalman. If i was you id go for the XP120 and a decent 120mm fan, you could buy a zalman fan controller to turn it up or down, this can turn the fan down to 5v for cold days or when idle. If all that is too expensive then the freezer is a good bet, a lot of people seem to like them and there cheap so if it isnt performing you could allways use it as a backup.

Mark

Back
Top Bottom