torn, Dell 2007WFP or Viewsonic VX2025wm

Associate
Looking to get a widescreen monitor to fit perfectly in the space for a monitor in my desk. The 20inch widescreens seem to fit the bill perfectly. But i don't know which to go for between the dell and the viewsonic, being the same price.

The viewsonic has the good review, and 8ms response time, were as the dell has 16ms response time but better connectivity and looks (imo). It will be used as a general monitor, used for a bit of everything. Any advice?

Associate
I'm in a similar boat. From what I've read, they're both pretty good and have various advantages and disadvantages to each. To be honest, I think you'll be really pleased with whichever one you pick. They're both great monitors.

Associate
OP
I keep thinking i'd want the viewsonic as so many people swear by them, but then think if i did get it i'd miss the extra stuff dell has. Does the 2007WFP offer 1-1 pixel mapping?

Associate
Hi,

I have the DELL 2007WFP.

It has 1:1 pixel mapping, 4:3 and fill.

It also has S-Video and Composite inputs which the Viewsonic doesnt have.

Don't let the 16ms response time turn you away from the DELL. It is very good and I havent noticed any ghosting etc in any games that I have tested.

I have played all the Call Of Duty titles, Painkiller and Need For Speed Most Wanted all with no problems.

I also use mine for web design, photo editing, documents and the internet. It's a good all rounder. I can't fault it.

I used to have a 19" CRT monitor and the DELL is so much clearer and vibrant than that. Plus I can save a bit on the electric over the CRT's 140W :)

Amazing monitor, I am very pleased with it.

Dan

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Im thinking its impossible to be disapionted with either as im going from a hercules 17" prophetview DVI, which is 20ms and AGES old. But it was once the best of its time. Both of these monitors would be better than this one, right?

Associate
Hi,

I would think you would notice a huge difference with the widescreen and it means no more side scrolling in websites unless they are really badly designed. Games are a lot better as you get a bigger field of view.

Also these monitors will use a newer panel technology than what you already have. The DELL uses the newest of the panels which I believe is S-IPS.

I read that the DELL's 16ms response is comparable to the Viewsonic's 8ms.

I was going to go for the Viewsonic but the looks and the more future proof of the inputs of the DELL won me over.

Dan

Associate
OP
Thanks dan, thats exactly whats winning me over, all those wonderful inputs. I have the card details for ocuk for the dell open in another tab. What to do! Damn you and your praises :p

Associate
cyborg said:
Thanks dan, thats exactly whats winning me over, all those wonderful inputs. I have the card details for ocuk for the dell open in another tab. What to do! Damn you and your praises :p

It's hard to chose and everything will have pro's and con's and it has to come down to personal preference on looks and inputs.

Whatever you chose to go for, you will have a very nice monitor you will be pleased with.

My DELL has a little bit of backlight bleed but it only notices in really dark scenes and I can't see it unless I look for it. No dead or lazy pixels...All in all very good.

Dan

Soldato
Go for the Viewsonic.

I've had similar dilemma, literally this couple of days too, and today I went and ordered the Viewsonic, I have owned 2 Viewsonics before this (VP171b & VX924) and they were fantastic.

The support of Viewsonic is also fantastic, which heavily influenced my purchase.

Dell does not > Viewsonic at all IMO.

1:1 Pixel mapping is not all it is made out to be... Have a read of a LARGE US based computer parts company that has user reviews of monitors etc and you'll see what I mean.

BUT...

Echo'ing others comments...

You will NOT be dissapointed with either! :) Enjoy :)

Last edited:
Man of Honour
My Dell should be here tomorrow im very excited as im going from a million yr old dell 15inch CRT, from what ive read its a cracking monitor and as its going to used used as my only display while im at uni i thought id go for something with plenty of connections :D

Associate
Dell 2007WFP

Same dilemma as cyborg.
Leaning towards the Dell 2007WFP at the mo.

I have a Winfast G Force 6800 gt 256 mb + 2gig of ram, wondering if this card would run games on the 2007WFP ok.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
I have a 6800GT overclocked past ultra speeds (420mhz) and only 1gb of RAM, i'll tell you tomorrow (if it arrives) how well games run. I think in the end the connections got to me, and its so purdy. Going to have my cctv camera for the front of the house hooked into the svideo.

Soldato
I'd imagine you could run games @ 1680x1050 with the 6800, just not on total full detail, maybe mid level.

If im honest, I dont expect mine to run smoothly at full detail @ 1680x1050 and I have a 7900GTX!

Associate
I'm either going to wait and see what the 22" acer/viewsonic panels are like, or just plump for the Dell. Originally I was sure it was the 20" viewsonic for me, but the Dell has some nice extras (USB Hub, tilt, 1:1 mapping) plus you can get good discounts on dells now and then.

Associate
OP
Got the monitor, after jumping up and down for every van that went down the street. I took some pics with my phone:

Old (taken last night)
DSC00040.JPG

New
DSC00044.JPG

old/new
DSC00048.JPG

CS
DSC00046.JPG

Potrait
DSC00051.JPG

Back
Top Bottom