Total Annihilation fans unite!! new Supreme Commander news and screens are here.

Permabanned
OP
theo said:
in fact, anyone here know where i can buy this again (not from ebay) i cant find my previous two copies

because i strangely have an urge to play it again

re-edit: the only places i cant find it seem to be dodgy, as in offering only battle tactics or something lame like that

also, are there any compatilibility issues with XP?

its compatable with winblows XP, otherwise i wouldnt still be playing ;) you can get it dirt cheap off amazon, the expansions are free to download if you cant find them to buy (you only need Core contingency realy, nobody bothers with battle tactics. but make sure you get the free expansion called TAUIP and the TADEMO recorder, true its not legal but they are Veeeery hard to find in the stores and on fleebay.

youl need to install TA, then CC, then TAUIP (selecting NO to installing front end and NO to repacking all units) then apply the 3.1c patch from www.funthings.org then install the TA demo recorder.

Last edited:
Soldato
This is looking better and better by the day. I'm holding on to the hope that this maight actually get me to stop playing WoW. I think it's the only game that can. :eek:

Associate
Reading this brought back some memories so what the heck - i dusted off and installed TA and all its add on disks.

No problems on XP worked great, looks old school now but ahhh happy days the gameplay was as good as i remember.

roll on supreme commander

i got a spare set of disks too if anyone is interested

Permabanned
OP
janesssssy said:
well as long as the ship AI is better, hell all the AI.
I remember back in the day of ship spinning in circles to get to a position. :D
But i am looking forward to this title.

the bonzai A.I. booster patched fixed all A.I. problems, but the problem your describing is called unit path finding, TA was always lacking in this area as after say 45 minutes of play, suddenly your units no longer walk in a straight line and will get stuck on each other and the scrap around them.

Soldato
Saw that video on some other forums.

Some Unreal Tournament Forums....

....Being a UT fan I was expecting myself to look past this and at UT2007, but woooow....

UT2007 is gonna have to be awesome to stop me playing this. Even Total annihilation can still occupy me for hours at a time :D:D:D

Soldato
I am not holding any hope out for the single player.

Multi, the possibilities if the maps can be big enough. :eek:

If starcraft was not so established I would say this is the game that has the most potential to tip its crown in the last few years, and few to come.

Back
Top Bottom