Total Guitar magazine

Associate
trivium arnt bad i suppose - i listen to them on occasion, whereas i really dont listen to dragon force

problem with this months is i know beast and the harlot (well the bits that arnt to much of a stretch for me) and the only other song i want to learn is bad horsie - and it just makes me cry to see how bloody difficult it is :(

btw the tunning for it is on the cd - track 18

Last edited:
Man of Honour
OP
m3csl2004 said:
trivium arnt bad i suppose - i listen to them on occasion, whereas i really dont listen to dragon force

problem with this months is i know beast and the harlot (well the bits that arnt to much of a stretch for me) and the only other song i want to learn is bad horsie - and it just makes me cry to see how bloody difficult it is :(

btw the tunning for it is on the cd - track 18
Yeah I'm learning it on my guitar which has a floating trem thingy, but it 'out of tunes' pretty damn quite with so much abuse. I never understood why people liked vai until this song. Actually I went to you tube to see a live version, and he ruined it by making it too widdly. All his other stuff is boring to this. And please don't turn this into another steve vai thread people we have enough! :p *Hypocrite*

The slide riff is just SO KILLER. Its one of my favourite riffs ever now, I don't think I'll ever bore of it! I actually want a floating trem after hearing this :eek:

I think its so much better to have an electric instrumental like this where THE RIFF is the main bit :)

Soldato
i'd never heard bad horsie before, just had a look on youtube.... i can say without a doubt thats one of the best riffs i have ever heard ever!

shame its such a pain to change guitar tunings on a trem like this, or i'd have it to that tuning like a shot! just to play that riff!

that song is so technically difficult its unbelievable! i have not mastered the tremolo arm at all and i'd love to be able to use it properly!

Associate
SidewinderINC said:
i'd never heard bad horsie before, just had a look on youtube.... i can say without a doubt thats one of the best riffs i have ever heard ever!

shame its such a pain to change guitar tunings on a trem like this, or i'd have it to that tuning like a shot! just to play that riff!

that song is so technically difficult its unbelievable! i have not mastered the tremolo arm at all and i'd love to be able to use it properly!

i have a REALLY REALLY cheap jem rip off with a floating trem, funny thing is the guitar actually costs less then a real flloyd rose, or a hard case lol

i changed to some thick gauge strings - BIG MISTAKE. i new that in order to do this i needed to tighten the springs at the back - i did so, fitten the strings, then the pole bent, making a nice big gap in the hole drilled in the body, sounds hard to explain, but it basically meant i had to block it off, which sucks as now i just cant get it to sit right, and i always have to put up with some sort of buzz from the fretboard, even with the strings at 1cm away from the board at the 24th fret - i feel like smashing it up sometimes

im know saving for something like an ibanez SA, and i cant bloody wait tbh

Soldato
m3csl2004 said:
everybody = andelusion

cmon - you could buy a electric for 50 quid?

lol!

I wouldn't even be GIVEN one of those pieces of crap never mind pay £50 for one :eek:

One guy actually gave one away on Jemsite after he bought it for a laugh, his daughter used to use it for something to throw down the stairs I think :o

Associate
Andelusion said:
lol!

I wouldn't even be GIVEN one of those pieces of crap never mind pay £50 for one :eek:

One guy actually gave one away on Jemsite after he bought it for a laugh, his daughter used to use it for something to throw down the stairs I think :o

tbh i believe that - they really are ****

remember that i am but a poor student - who, 4 months ago when i bought the guitar, couldnt afford/justify anything better

now i can certainly justify a better guitar, now all i need to do i afford 1 :D

Soldato
m3csl2004 said:
tbh i believe that - they really are ****

remember that i am but a poor student - who, 4 months ago when i bought the guitar, couldnt afford/justify anything better

now i can certainly justify a better guitar, now all i need to do i afford 1 :D

Hehe I can imagine, i'm starting Uni in Sept and have made sure i've got enough toys to play with to last me throught the 3 years :o :p

Associate
m3csl2004 said:
bugger :p

cant even afford a pc that can play cs :rolleyes:

Oh, don't talk about PCs in front of him, he'll start pimping his Xbox 360 again... :p

And as for Bad Horsie, why not just drop your guitars to drop D? You'll be playing the song in the wrong key, but you'll be able to play the proper fingerings etc etc. That's what I'd do if I could be bothered to re-tune mine again (I really need to find a spare £45 to buy a Tremol-No...).

Soldato
loler, btw, i'm in the midst of possible Jem-sellage to afford a custom one of these:

Portrait400px.jpg

Just can't put up with the floater on my Jem anymore and i've realised i'm playing my RGA more because it's a fixed bridge.

No paint anywhere on the above guitar, solid ebony front aswell. Possibly off on a trip down to London where they're made to try one out :cool: If it feels nice might go through with it..

website is blackmachine.com btw.

Soldato
floyd rose tremolos are fun for about 5 minutes while you wobble and divebomb and trill for a bit.

When you get down to actually wanting to play they are a right pain. The only floyd i quite like are the ones on the van halen wolfgang guitars, the ones that you can only bend flat (i.e its not floating, it sits on the body) as you can mess around with tunings and still have a reasonable amount of fun.

m3csl2004 said:
everybody = andelusion

cmon - you could buy a electric for 50 quid?

What guitar was this? :D

Associate
Andelusion said:
loler, btw, i'm in the midst of possible Jem-sellage

I want it! Though only if you want to be extremely generous and give it to me for the price of that PGM I've been drooling over. :p

Back
Top Bottom