Total Guitar magazine

Soldato
Suspended
I used to buy TG but found myself ever more dissapointed with it each month. It seemed to alternate between Metal and Shred, Metal and Shred, Metal and Shred :(

TBH I feel I'm at a point in my life where I don't desire instruction in playing the instrument I do - and reading about them is just boring.

Associate
Andelusion said:
One of the (many) fake 'Ibanez' guitars on ebay at the moment, they're being made in China.

Exhibit 1:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/NEW-Excellent...7418451149QQcategoryZ2384QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

EDIT:

Hehe :p

Lmao@size of monkey grip, 'gorilla grip' seems fitting.

your actually wrong its not - made in the uk by a small ebay firm called woodycustom - they have woody written on them (yes i know) not ibanez

if you need to imagine my guitar, imagine our good freind andelusions- then buy it from netto

Associate
SidewinderINC said:
woody custom do some nice bodies i think... i remember them being talked about on jemsite with reference to buying bodies from there...

the body is fine - just the trem is a travesty, i just cant get the set up right

factor in the low budget pick-ups and youve got yourself my guitar

*saving/selling my worldly goods for 80s squier strat*

edit: could you link me please if at all possible?

Permabanned
didnt want to start a new thread, but ive quickly outgrown my cheapy fender frontman 15g amp and want a new one, been looking at the Line6 Spider II range any opinions, they said it was good in total guitar, but am tempted to go for a bigger amp so I can keep it forever

Last edited:
Associate
MrMoon said:
didnt want to start a new thread, but ive quickly outgrown my cheapy fender frontman 15g amp and want a new one, been looking at the Line6 Spider II range any opinions, they said it was good in total guitar, but am tempted to go for a bigger amp so I can keep it forever

they have a lot of sound bytes on there webby - have a listen

how much you looking to spend?

Soldato
m3csl2004 said:
your actually wrong its not - made in the uk by a small ebay firm called woodycustom - they have woody written on them (yes i know) not ibanez

if you need to imagine my guitar, imagine our good freind andelusions- then buy it from netto

:p I presumed it'd be one of those 'Chibanez' guitars sorry XD Since they're all over the bloody place now.

Associate
Andelusion said:
:p I presumed it'd be one of those 'Chibanez' guitars sorry XD Since they're all over the bloody place now.

lol not much better

i know what you mean tho - trying to browse the ibanez catergory is horrible, i find mydelf going to the advanced search option and ticking items from uk only ;)

then the problem arrises that i cant afford any of them lol

Permabanned
m3csl2004 said:
they have a lot of sound bytes on there webby - have a listen

how much you looking to spend?

I was looking at the spider 2 30 for around £130 but was thinking for £250 I can get a spider II 212 which will be hard to out grow without getting into heads and cabs

Associate
MrMoon said:
I was looking at the spider 2 30 for around £130 but was thinking for £250 I can get a spider II 212 which will be hard to out grow without getting into heads and cabs

well 300 gets you a line 6 hd75 and an ibanez 4x12 cab, allough that would probably be over doing it (thats brand new from gak btw - there delivery prices are top notch)

i would say get down your local shop and demo some of the stuff there - then buy it online at a better price :p

Permabanned
I can get a spider II 210 for £249 from andertons which is my local shop been down there this morning and had a demo and I like it, had a look online and cant get it much cheaper when you factor in delivery, but I am tempted to go smaller say a line6 spider II 30 just for space sake as the wife might go nuts

Associate
SidewinderINC said:
arent the ibanez cabs terrible though?

apparently so - but i just stuck the cheapest 4x12 i could find in :D - id rather have a nice combo then a cheap stack - especially as i dont gig, jamming in a medium sized room is the biggest place i play.

anyway - mrmoon, looking on gak, theres a few 2x12 combos in your price range, from fender, marshall, laney and line 6. tbh, they all look like they could kill small children :D but i cant say ive heard them in person so you could do with an old ear in here to help you pick

you could go for a smaller, valve/half valve amp and go for some tone? vox have the ad-50vt, which is a decent sounding amp by all accounts with some nice effects

anyway - thats enough of me rambling on, let someone else have a go :D

Soldato
Youll grow out of the Spider as soon as you move out the bedroom. They sound pretty good, but they just dont seem to project well.

Skip the Marshall MGs too (at least the biggish ones). Check out the Vox AD series. The AC30 model is rather nice :D as are the other models.

The Roland Cube is also an awesome amp, aswell as Tech21's if you can find them. All these amps are withing your price range.

Back
Top Bottom