Total War: Warhammer 2

Associate
hzp47yz0l1f61.jpg

Possible leaked artwork, looks like a loading screen. Could be The Old World but that is still some years away.

Soldato
Hyped.

Far beyond the world and its petty wars there exists a dimension of pure, malevolent magic: The Realm of Chaos. It is a terrible place, incomprehensible to the mortal mind. It whispers promises of power, but to behold it is to be seduced by it. To relinquish your soul to it. To become it.

The four Ruinous Powers rule over this place, ever seeking to slip their bonds and engulf the world in a tide of daemonic corruption. Nurgle, the plague god; Slaanesh, the lord of excess; Tzeentch, the changer of ways; and Khorne, the god of blood and slaughter.

On the border between the worlds, two mighty kingdoms stand sentinel: the stern warriors of Kislev and the vast empire of Grand Cathay. But each is beset by its own trials, and now both have cause to cross the threshold and send their armies into the Realm of Chaos.

The world stands on a precipice. A single push will plunge it into cataclysm.

And there is one who schemes to achieve just that, an ancient figure who desires nothing less than to wield supreme power. But to succeed, he will need a champion…

The coming conflict will engulf all. Will you conquer your daemons? Or command them?

So Kislev, Cathay, and the four Chaos Gods for base races. The description also mentions a "Race Pack" as a pre-order bonus. Given the reference to Naggash at the end of the game description, there's a decent chance he's the pre-order bonus. A Naggash DLC would likely just blend Vampire Counts and Tomb Kings, but as a separate race.

I guess we have to wait a bit longer for Chaos Dwarfs and Ogre Kingdoms. Seems pretty much certain that they'll be DLC now.

Associate
Looks awesome, wonder if there will be any more warhammer 2 dlc before release. Combined map going be huge, especially if they make it true to Vortex scale.

Soldato
So sounds like four chaos demon races with respective gods, kislev and cathay (stoked for the latter). Maybe chaos dwarfs will be sign off for TW2, then ogre kingdoms DLC along with a few others for TW3?

Soldato
So sounds like four chaos demon races with respective gods, kislev and cathay (stoked for the latter). Maybe chaos dwarfs will be sign off for TW2, then ogre kingdoms DLC along with a few others for TW3?

Your probably spot on. Chaos is definetly going to be the main feature in this final series, really looking forward to how they are going to be developed and played in this game.

Associate
There's supposed to be one piece of DLC left.

Thanks for confirming, trying to think which races are not playable on vortex campaign, think it’s dwarfs, vampires, beastmen and Norsca.

Would like the dlc to bring at least two of these to that campaign with flc as final dark elf lord.

Soldato
Thanks for confirming, trying to think which races are not playable on vortex campaign, think it’s dwarfs, vampires, beastmen and Norsca.

Would like the dlc to bring at least two of these to that campaign with flc as final dark elf lord.

Knowing CA it'll be Skweel Gnawtooth vs Thranquol (Skaven vs Skaven) :p

I'm not hugely bothered now TBH. Thranquol, Malakai, and Neferata are likely WH3 DLC at this point. I've never really clicked with DE, and BM is the only race pack I don't own. I'm just looking forward to WH3 and all the new possibilities it brings.

Caporegime
Finally, game 3 is here. I am waiting to see what changes they have and haven't made... if sieges aren't dramatically better I will flip. I hope they really overhaul the other parts of the game that suck, like diplomacy and win conditions etc etc.

Basically I can't wait until the game i complete with all DLC released then modders can just turn it into something truly special

Soldato
Watched the live stream for Silence the and Fury... must say I'm really impressed; both the new Lords look excellent and the Beastman revamp looks fantastic. I'm surprised (but happy!) we're going to be getting another FLC (Dwarf Runelord), and in a great starting position too.

Caporegime
Beastmen are now overpowered as hell (to play) with the additional movement after every attack and the insane recruitment per turn. I guess CA will do the usual "release overpowered DLC then nerf" to balance this.

Back
Top Bottom