totaly custom painted WC rig - Progress log

Soldato
OP
D3fine said:
wow are the disk drives hand painted or some sort of picture transfer? eigher way great work, looks really good!

theyre airbrushed mate, all the paintwork you see in this project log is airbrushed.

as fior the hoels... there wasnt any !, i *think* the rounded plate sunk inot the coveer is a vent though, i tested the dirves and they still work fine :)

thanks for the kind words guys :)

Soldato
OP
Thanks guys. !
i have more pic on the way, just finished allt he fire / folmaes on the other parts, ill bring em up for a photoshoot when theyre dry (enouhgh) then ill get them laquered and polished !
brothers nagging me cos i promised to paitn his mini parts first lol, but im gettign a bit carried away wioth this one :)

Soldato
OP
Not the best of photos, but they will look a lot better when theyve been clearcoated and polished, as thayve just been put under their final layer of colour !

blocksetc6rj.jpg

btw, that oval thing is part of my phone, just ignore it ;)

Soldato
OP
A.N.Other said:
Truly stunning! You have some talent, that's for sure!

What hosing are you going to use with all of this stuff?

thanks !!
Tygon 1/2'' ID, 3603
was going to use masterkleer, but tygon just looks a hell ov a lot better lol, and the price is a one off, so may aswell go for it :)

Associate
Brilliant mate. Wish i could do something like that. Planning on doing my first pc mod in the next week. Won't be anywhere as good as that. I have seen some mods and the lengths people go to are amazing. Best mod i seen so far probably the Orac³.

If your interested.

Soldato
OP
s96024 said:
Brilliant mate. Wish i could do something like that. Planning on doing my first pc mod in the next week. Won't be anywhere as good as that. I have seen some mods and the lengths people go to are amazing. Best mod i seen so far probably the Orac³.

If your interested.

Thanks,
ive seen that Orac 3 before, but no in that much detail. its one hell of a machine !. thing abotu mine is its all very cheap for me to do lol ! id dread to think how much £££ went into that one !

Associate
Yea that's true, but still some of the stuff he uses is pretty cheap. i.e all the shower tube casing. As long as you got the skills/know how, you can cut out a lot of the cost. "Knowledge is power" as they say. Good luck with that build can't wait to see finished result. It's a bit different than anything i seen before, not many painted hard disks. Was going to try the clear perspex cover for hard disk and dvd drive.

Soldato
OP
s96024 said:
Yea that's true, but still some of the stuff he uses is pretty cheap. i.e all the shower tube casing. As long as you got the skills/know how, you can cut out a lot of the cost. "Knowledge is power" as they say. Good luck with that build can't wait to see finished result. It's a bit different than anything i seen before, not many painted hard disks. Was going to try the clear perspex cover for hard disk and dvd drive.

ive got a cheapie 12 gig drive here that was gonna get the treatment ( windowed top) but i cannot for the life of me find my star drivers :mad:
its apparently one of the hardest mods to get right !! so be careful, even the slightest suggestion of a speck of dust means ** disc is ruined !!

Associate
Yea nigh impossible. It won't be done on any drive i care about, atleast the first time till i see how it goes. I just love seeing the insides of things. Going for as completely clear case/system as i can. "Horses for courses" and all that.

Back
Top Bottom