totaly custom painted WC rig - Progress log

Wise Guy
Soldato
Your doing some great work there dude, keep it up :)

You windowed HDD is not an original idea and has been done several times, but i have to be honest and say that you are the first person i have seen who has a working HDD at the end of it, congrats! :)

Soldato
R B CUSTOMS said:
wellt theyre laquered in 2 pack laquer, then wet sanded down to remove and bits of dust, runs, imperfections or orange peel, with 2000 grit paper, then polished using G3 polish, which ive ran out of lol so im using 'autoglym paint restorer'
Cheers for that mate :) , it looks amazing, top job.

Mark

Soldato
OP

Well, still waiting for deliveries guys, but heres some pics of the hard drives finished, laquered, polished etc. STILL finding bits of dry polish everywhere but its a bugger to remove !
the weird surface you see on the bottom driove is acctually a reflection f the underside of the top by the way !

here we go :

haddfinished001sss5el.jpg

haddfinished004jpgsss0ni.jpg

Soldato
OP
well loop is installed, finished and stariting the long leak test. build went smooth as can be, shortest tubing possible.... i really really CBA to type any more as ive just got in and im NACKERED lol :( faling asleep at the keys :p

10014788da.jpg

10014800gl.jpg

10014817pf.jpg

Soldato
I know from painful experience that red water is pretty hard to achieve, you might be better off trying orange because that comes out quite red or maybe a mixture of red and orange dye.

I used a whole bottle of "red" but still came out with pink :(

not such a problem for me as I'm a raving queen but I'm sure you were going for red..

Soldato
R B CUSTOMS said:
where can i host a video, recorded on my phone ? i can stick it on my PC when my brother gets back :D

im already planning to buy a cheapie 80 gig SATA drive, and mount it so you can see it ticking when you open the door on the front :D ( in the 5.25 bays )
although this would be a lot easier with a lappy HDD

Can you convert the format to any "normal" vid format? if so, then www.youtube.com is your best bet for vid sharing

Most phone saves vid format as .3gp and you tube is abit gay, occasionally it works for that format...

Soldato
OP
welshtom said:
Pink + Red + Orange = Major Clash dude. :(

lol, when under uv light it glows ORANGE ! lol. i know it does look a bit pink, thats just Zerex really,
tried to get orange dye but everywhere is sold out :( this will do for now though. ans when the case side etc is on and the red cathodes are on it looks more red.

anyway, thats somethign i can sort out later
first on my list of priorities is the ourt side of the case ans soem decent RAM sinks for the GPU

cheers guys

Don
R B CUSTOMS said:
lol, when under uv light it glows ORANGE ! lol. i know it does look a bit pink, thats just Zerex really,
tried to get orange dye but everywhere is sold out :( this will do for now though. ans when the case side etc is on and the red cathodes are on it looks more red.

anyway, thats somethign i can sort out later
first on my list of priorities is the ourt side of the case ans soem decent RAM sinks for the GPU

cheers guys

Do you think that you will really need RAM sinks??

Stelly

Soldato
OP
added an almost homeopathic amount of red food colouring ( although not advised to to line staining... but that really doesnt matter)
about a drop of this mixxed in an eye dropper of water, then a coule drops of that tipped the colour JUST over the /pink red baorderline... looks sweet now

Back
Top Bottom