Tough call :(

Associate
I also just have to add that I'm a little disapointed in the OP by deciding to not contact the RSPCA.
True, it won't bring any of the dead animals back, but it will stop this happening again, surely thats the most important thing?

Even if they interview her and decide to take no action, it's going to be a wake up call for her to ensure she's not this careless in the future. Whatever way you look at it, she's been neglectful.

At the moment she's simply getting away with it, it shouldn't be like this at all. :(

Associate
Drz- It must have been a horrible situation.
Do what your heart tells you too. At the end of the day it's you that has to live with the decision.
You need to ask yourself if this will happen again if it's Yes then you need to call the RSPCA.

Good luck hope all goes ok :)

DRZ

DRZ

Soldato
OP
robbiemc said:
I also just have to add that I'm a little disapointed in the OP by deciding to not contact the RSPCA.
True, it won't bring any of the dead animals back, but it will stop this happening again, surely thats the most important thing?

Even if they interview her, it's going to be a wake up call for her to ensure shes not this careless in the future.

At the moment she's simply getting away with it, it shouldn't be like this at all. :(

Will it? Some of her pets have died you know. If my cat died in those exact circumstances I wouldnt give a **** about what the RSPCA or anyone else said to me about what I should or shouldnt have done, I would be upset about the death of my catand would be having words with the person that looked after her for me.

That alone would stop it happening again, I would have thought.

I dont agree she is "getting away with it" as that implies blame - and there is no blame for her to shoulder, merely an error of judgement.

If anyone thinks differently then fine, you are welcome to your opinion but I am confident I am in the right. After all, I am not the one being irrational and calling people disgraces to humanity and other such over-reactions ;) The majority of the level-headed replies to this thread have suggested that my course of action is the right one and unfortunately for those that disagree, level-headedness wins out over knee-jerk over-reaction...

EDIT:

PrettyInPink - Yeah, clearing away dead wabbits and rescuing starving bals of fluff wasnt what I had in mind when I went over there, but I think any thinking person would have leapt the fence all the same :)

The look on their little faces as they got put somewhere where there was grass to eat wont fade from my memory in a hurry :)

Last edited:

4T5

4T5

Man of Honour
Bit harsh mate.
I think my replies were quite civil and never knee jerk but then each to there own i s'pose.
I do wish people would read posts properly.

DRZ

DRZ

Soldato
OP
malc30 said:
Bit harsh mate.
I think my replies were quite civil and never knee jerk but then each to there own i s'pose.
I do wish people would read posts properly.

That mini-rant wasnt aimed at you per se, although I cant agree with your opinion :)

Back
Top Bottom