Tower block fire - london

Caporegime
bloody Nora!!!

Just got in after a night out and switched the news on. This fire in North Kensington is unbelievable! Honestly, if you haven't seen it, switch on the news. The whole block is ablaze. Never seen anything like it.

I've never seen a whole high rise tower block ablaze like this. Just horrific. Hundreds of people having their lives ripped apart in a few hours.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-40269625

Best wishes to all those affected.

Soldato
What is the likely cause? cigarette? Chip pan? Hair curlers?...

With so much fire damage I find it difficult to believe that they could find out.

Also with concrete flats how has this spread so easily? Isn't there effectively a firewall between flats.

Man of Honour
Initial reports were of 3 explosions from a flat on the second floor - someone was saying there have been chip pan fires in flats there before and they've never caught like that - lot of fingers pointed at the ongoing renovation work.

V F

V F

Soldato
With so much fire damage I find it difficult to believe that they could find out.

Also with concrete flats how has this spread so easily?

Chip pan is quite a common problem for house fires though. Same for falling asleep on the chair with a cigarette on the side and falls to the floor.

Soldato
I guess with something like this, firefighters just can't risk entering the building to save anyone. One of the saddest sights in recent memory for London.

Someone just phoned in to say people are trapped on the lower floors. Considering it is 27 storey building this is looking really bad. :(

Caporegime
on one of the early photos it looks like the stairwells are totally blazing. wonder if someone poured petrol down them

Initial reports were of 3 explosions from a flat on the second floor - someone was saying there have been chip pan fires in flats there before and they've never caught like that - lot of fingers pointed at the ongoing renovation work.

explosions? do tower blocks even have gas? I thought it wasn't allowed

Soldato
That is horrendous. I guess anyone left above the fire may will have to fend for themselves?

Reports are that firefighters weren't going in, whivh was understandable. Also from the looks of things it is too late now. The building is burnt through.

There was a guy on earlier who was there at the very early stages of the fire. He went as high as the sevond floor to warn and get people out. He said because of smoke he couldn't go any higher. He said he didn't think anyone could get down because of the smoke and so people stayed in their flats above.

Soldato
Can't even listen to the news anymore. It is dawning on everyone there are dozens if not a very large number of people that were trapped in the building.

Feel sick.

Back
Top Bottom