Tower block fire - london

Soldato
I hope so, some of the images where it is at it's height show pretty much every single floor engulfed in full flames. If you were not out in the early stages I doubt you got out unless a fire crew found you.

Man of Honour
Seems the building is stable for the time being at least. Hard to say how bad the death toll will be, hopefully the majority of people managed to get out.

Associate
residents have had concerns for years

https://grenfellactiongroup.wordpress.com/2017/03/14/kctmo-feeling-the-heat/

https://grenfellactiongroup.wordpress.com/2016/11/20/kctmo-playing-with-fire/

It is a truly terrifying thought but the Grenfell Action Group firmly believe that only a catastrophic event will expose the ineptitude and incompetence of our landlord, the KCTMO, and bring an end to the dangerous living conditions and neglect of health and safety legislation that they inflict upon their tenants and leaseholders

Caporegime
It's scary watching that Periscope video when you can see the side of the building they view as not on fire, and you see the images from the other side of the whole side on fire, stomach churning stuff.

Associate
Firemen are true heroes....very few jobs put you at the heart of danger like that and going inside the building like that to rescue people trapped, while putting yourself at HUGE risk...words can't describe how truly remarkable those people are.

Soldato
It is a truly terrifying thought but the Grenfell Action Group firmly believe that only a catastrophic event will expose the ineptitude and incompetence of our landlord, the KCTMO, and bring an end to the dangerous living conditions and neglect of health and safety legislation that they inflict upon their tenants and leaseholders

I try not to say things like this, but I REALLY hope this wasn't a case of someone trying to prove a point and it got out of hand...

Soldato
Soldato
The tower block looked quite modern, guess they won't know the cause for a while yet.
1974, it had just undergone renovation, which apparently was only cosmetic (aside from removing the fire protection) as the fire suppression apparently didn't work according to the BBC (it had been condemned by the HSE in 2012 so unknown if the landlord rectified this while making it look nicer).

Back
Top Bottom